Thread: Weather striping

Question Weather striping

Is there suppose to be a piece of weather striping on the outside bottom part of the frame of the windshield. Sorry best I could explain. When I got my truck the windshield and the hard top had calk all around them. I had to use a piano string to cut the top off and thought I was going to brake the windshield trying to fold it down. If there is such a piece where can I buy it. Thanks

I don't know the proper name, but I have heard it referred to as a cowl seal. Mine just arrived from Memphis Equipment. I heard that they were $49.00, but the price must have gone up since fall, it was $59.99

Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Yup, that is the one you need, replaced mine last year. No more water entering the cab thru that route now.
    1968 M725(2)
    1967 M715
    1967 M725(2)
    1963 M43
    1954 M37
    1967 M103A3 w/M1010 Body

You'll need some stainless steel screws to mount it onto the bottom of the windshield frame too. Maybe someone has easy access to the underside of their windshield and can pull one out to give you the correct size and count.
    -- Tim Taylor

I used stainless screws...and I thought I was really smart and used thin but wide, fender like, washers...they werent really fender washers but same idea...

I thought it would be good to spread the load of the screw head out a bit instead of having the pressure in so small an area...

When I got done, I stood the windshield up but couldnt latch it down...finally I could with some pretty hard pushing...

I had to take the washers out as the windshield was angled slightly forward even when latched.

The new seal was actually thick enough and strong enough that when I just put the screws in, it still was angled slightly forward for a couple of months till it relaxed more...

Basically what I am rambling about is that if you use new screws, get ones with a wider lip on them if you want but do not add washers...and dont be surprised if the seal makes latching the windshield difficult for a while till it gets pressed in...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks everyone