Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo I scored A winch today. 2 guys to move it

Default Soooo I scored A winch today. 2 guys to move it

Today I drove to shelton to pick up A winch from an old member here So I thought I was picking up A PTO 10k winch, turns out its A PTO from A deuce and A half It took the both of us to load it without cable, thank god

Can anybody here help me idefinty this winch

Is that one of those fake tiny bottles of beer, just to throw us off on the scale??

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

I'm pretty sure all of the deuce winches are Garwood 10k. Somewhere on here Barrman had pictures comparing that winch to the stock winch, and I'm pretty sure he was mounting it on a 715. I have seen a couple mounted on 715's in the past, so it is possible...

I cant believe your onto the tiny bottle so fast

It turns out it is a garwood 10k. But 10k seems really light for A winch this size, and really light for a deuce It turns over easily from the input and luckily it didnt have the cable on it, it would have killed my geo

I found the winch here on the for sale section Robert was nice enough to save it for me until after christmas

If you could dig up some pics of these winches on 715s I would definatly apreciate it

It is a Garwood 10K. 200 feet of cable will fit on that thing. I have used one to pull a stuck M35 out of mud so deep it was sitting on the running boards. Didn't even need the tires to help.

I think the 10K rating is for a straight up verticle pull. I have not tried that yet with my Dueces.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I have yet to put my Deuce's winch through the paces. Still haven't installed the shear pin
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Good choice for the front of the M715

I have a few picts on my desktop of M715s with the 10k garwood, picts were most like taken from the zone. I uploaded them to a folder here:
    http://cj7jeep.com/m715/M35_WINCH/

Couple of examples:
    (spicergear)

This one is using the M35 bumper, w/electric winch:
    (Kamikaze12volts)
    - Luke
    1968 M715 the Monolith

That winch is sweet. I really need (want) a winch

I see no fairleeds on any of the pics I wounder if that is a military thing Thanks for the pics and info guys

Sorry for the second reply You have pointed me in the right direction My 715 needs this winch up front