Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horn question

Default Horn question

Does anyone know where I can get the horn spacers? I am almost ready to take it to my buddys place to patch the hood ( long story) and paint it inside and out. And I want everything done before the guys at the base see it for the first time. I also need clutch push rods if any one has them I asked before but went tdy and accidently erased the pm of th guy who had it.

Might have been me with the clutch rods. I have a set in my garage packaged up ready to go but I never heard back from the buyer. I'll look on my truck to see what the spacers are.
    Thanks for all the help!

I think it was you sorry about that can you resend me the address and amount and ill send the check this afternoon

Does anyone have a picture of, or a supplier for the horn spacers? Also is there supposed to be a rubber gasket around the lip on the sterring wheel the old steering wheel had one but the new one doesnt and the old one was so rotted it is not salvagable.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Quote Originally Posted by SERE Guy View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of, or a supplier for the horn spacers? Also is there supposed to be a rubber gasket around the lip on the sterring wheel the old steering wheel had one but the new one doesnt and the old one was so rotted it is not salvagable.
    If you are talking about the three insulated standoffs that hold the horn switch into the steering wheel, #19 below?

There is a thin rubber bellows type of dust shield that goes from part #14 to the steering wheel. It is part on #14.

Check with Vintage Power Wagons. I got mine from them. They have lots of stuff that is not in their catalogs. For instance, I got a new (reproduction) set of plug wires that were just fine. Exact lengths and $159.00
    Last edited by Don Cavey; January 10th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Yep number 19 is exactally what i was talking about do you know where I can find them? I bought a new steering wheel button with the rubber on it from saturn surplus but it doesnt attach like the other one
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Also, there are three screws and washers that hold the horn switch into the steering wheel. The screws, washers and spacers go through #14 and the horn switch #12. Screws are just plain SAE 6-32 threads (from memory) and you just get the correct length. My truck and stuff is 737 miles from here so I can't go look for you. The nomenclature of the spacer is SPACER, HORN SWITCH 11640999 (19207). When I bought my stuff, I had the -20P manual in my hand and the guy at the other end did too. So, we could be sure we were looking at the same part. VPW used the same number, 11640999 and I told him what page it was on. Of course, you gotta have the same dated manual...

Quote Originally Posted by SERE Guy View Post
    Yep number 19 is exactally what i was talking about do you know where I can find them? I bought a new steering wheel button with the rubber on it from saturn surplus but it doesnt attach like the other one
    Check Vintage Power Wagons, Inc 641-472-4665. Nice people to deal with. If you call them and order mention "t4n". That may be a location in their warehouse.

The were cheap! $1.00 each.

Thank you i will call them tomorrow morning

Well i called vpw they had to look but he had them and they will be here in a few days cant wait almost ready to be the daily commuter. Oh and its looking like Uncle Sam may send me to AK for the next 4 years itll be a great truck for up there ill let you all know.