Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glovebox latch and wiper question.

Default Glovebox latch and wiper question.

Two questions here.
    1-Does anyone know of a source for the glovebox latch retainer? or mybe a good picture of the stock latch retainer.

2- Can someone tell me the size of the screw that holds the wiper blade to the wiper arm. I took off one of my blades at the parts house the other day and dropped the screw, it bounced twice and disappeared down the storm drain.
    I'm reluctant to pull the other one off for some reason.

Thanks

The screw is either a #4 or #6...I think it is the #4...probably have to take the other one out carefully to be sure...I do remember looking for one once and it was an odd size/thread number.

What are you looking for on the glove box latch? The thing that holds the button cylinder in the door or the piece that the hook on the button cylinder grabs to hold the door shut...sorry if I am dense...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Nah, you're not dense, I wasn't clear. I'm missing the part that holds the pushbutton cylinder in the door. I've seen other vehicles that used some type of C-clip spring but I can't see what would work on this thing.

Thanks for the info on the screw. I was thinking it was a #6 fine thread but I'll either take the screw I have left with me or take the bare wiper arm off to find a fit.

The part that holds the pushbutton part in on these is much more than a c clip type...in this case it is a little cup that fits over the back of the part that pushes in from the front...it secures around the front part with a screw that comes in from the rear face of the push button part...on the back by the little catch hook should be a screw hole.

I have an nos lock button here...I will try to post a pic or 2 later for ya.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Larry, I have one wiper on my truck. I think it is original. I will be doing a wiper mod soon. You are welcome to the screw (or the whole wiper) if you cant find the right one locally
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Thanks Flingarrows, I'll let you know.

Well, my old digital camera isn't in a good mood...I took some pics with the webcam...hopefully you can see what I am trying to show:

This is the overall piece with the rear holder part attached:

This is the rear face. The screw is on the lower left and on the upper right is a pin that protrudes from the rear face of the button part to align the rear piece.

Rear retaining piece removed. The unpainted circle is where the screw was.

Inside of the rear retaining piece...note the walls are straight and the only holes are in the ends and can all be seen in this image:

Side view of the rear retaining piece:

I hope these are clear enough to show you what it looks like...I can get measurements if you need...basically, if you had a round piece with an and and you cut a hole for the screw, the pin and the hook, you would have all you need.

Thanks for the pics. At least I know for sure that the part I have is stock. I might actually be able fab up something that will work now that I know for sure what I want to do.
    I may not know what I'm doing but I usually know what I'm trying to do.

"I may not know what I'm doing but I usually know what I'm trying to do.

I like that, well said !!
    DaveJ

Are those pictures brute posted of the glovebox latch the part you need, Larry? If so, there's a chance I may have one left over from the parts truck. I'll look in the morning.
    -- Tim Taylor