Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture Gallery

Default Picture Gallery

Why am I unable to see pictures in the Gallery? It takes me to the Google Search engine!

I have the same problem. Always have. Not sure what's even in the photo gallery.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    I have the same problem. Always have. Not sure what's even in the photo gallery.
    I wonder why nobody has fixed the problem?

I don't know if somethings wrong with it or our computers won't let us in to it. It's a good question recon7. My question is, why doesn't anyone else post about it? This leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong. Time will tell.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by recon7 View Post
    I wonder why nobody has fixed the problem?
    Because we just did a complete move of the website from a single server to a multi-server setup. A lot of stuff changed, and this was lost in translation.
    They will come backup, after a bit. These were something we couldn't have a lot of before anyways with our previous size limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    I don't know if somethings wrong with it or our computers won't let us in to it. It's a good question recon7. My question is, why doesn't anyone else post about it? This leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong. Time will tell.
    No, not anything you are doing. Seems this was lost in the move.
    One of us will get this up and running (sort of anyways) in the near future.

Thanks Hammer, Look forward to it. My concern is even a long time ago I was unable to view the Gallery. Is it basically pics of members rides? Will keep watching, and maybe I'll figure how to put my truck in it. Thanks again for all your hard work on the Zone.

Way back the pic galleries worked.
    We were hosted free by one of our members back then...
    The hard drive we were hosted on literally exploded and we lost a ton of data.
    I have backups of most of the pics here though.
    We had to rebuild the site on a new server that I had to pay for myself...it was expensive at that time...over $500 a a year plus some other fees.
    It took a while and we used a temp site until we could get the new server and the new site program running well.
    Priority was placed on the message boards and the tech pages/Online Manuals.
    Once we got it running and had all that stuff loaded in, we added in some more content to the manuals section and we were filling up the 3 gb space we had...we were running about 1.8 gb.
    The pics take up a lot of room and the message board size kept growing so we were reluctant to add the photos back as they would have pushed up to or over the limit.
    Last year we bought a new site program that requires a bunch of work to setup...which hasnt been done yet...but that was more expense and more server space taken up.
    Hammer pointed out a couple weeks ago that we were above 2.92 gb of our 3 gb space allotment but that the hosting company has new accounts like ours with 50 gb of space instead of the 3 gb we had for only a modest increase in per month charges.
    Thats when we contacted them and got the server change thing going.
    Now that we have the new setup with all the space we can and WILL be able to get the photo galleries back up!!!

Its a long road...I hope its worth it,.

If you noticed, I added back our Basic Training section we used to have before the crash back on the site...it is linked in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Be patient but hopefully there will be a Christmas present for you guys!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Well Jon, that explains the whole thing. No complaints, as you guys work real hard on this site. For the sake of us all, please keep up the good work. Hope your Thanksgiving was nice. Thanks again.

Mine was great...except the trans going out on the minivan...

Hope yours was good too!

Thanks for the support...its you and the other subscribing members that really make this work...I got to the point where I couldnt afford the increasing fees just to run the site each year as a hobby...you guys make it possible...THANKS!!

(That is one of the things I am thankful for at Thanksgiving...and all year long!!)
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!