Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found Another Picture Of My M715

Default Found Another Picture Of My M715

I found this picture of the M715 that was assigned to me in Germany, summer of 1970.

Hey Don, that's one great photo. Truck looks so nice and clean and unused. I was serving at the same time. Seems like a lifetime ago. We are some of the few that actually drove these trucks in their heyday.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Man that sure is one pretty truck Don.
    Chris

I believe if you look carefully at the tread on the LF tire, you can see the mold lines. I have more pictures of the same truck, same time but they are misplaced. I only wish my truck that I have now was as nice!

That is very cool!!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

As we have discussed a few times before, this is the truck that I drove in 1970. You can see that the winch cable is nice and neat and the chain goes up and over the to of the LU4. Also, the tow shackles are stowed behind the bumper. Just a little more trivia

We had subdued markings on the truck. No star on the hood. But the unit markings were in white, not flat black. The fuel expansion caution was in white on the left rear fender.

Your'e all starched up lookin sharp!

You look like your ready to kick some ass! Great stuff Don

Very cool! That's a nice lookin' truck... I hope things work out well for you with the "new" truck, it looks like your making steady progress.

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    Your'e all starched up lookin sharp!
    What I find surprising is that the 7th Army patch is still not subdued on my uniform. We later changed that and I have subdued patches somewhere here at home. I can remember slithering into those uniforms so that we had "fins" front and back on the legs of the pants.

At the time, 1970, I was a lot more immature than I am now . All I wanted to do was get out of the army and come home to the US. There was a lot of BS going on but we had a few really good NCOs that were working with us. I guess one tends to focus on the negative. There was a lot of positive though.

We had literally millions of dollars worth of equipment at our fingertips. The Pershing missile worked well and since I was in a Service Battery, we were in the position of requiring the guidance section be in top condition or we would not accept it. Those in the artillery batteries had to do all of the grunt work. We did go on maneuvers from time to time. But you can see what I was driving. And on at least one occasion, they called an alert whilst I was on CQ. So, guess who stayed back and answered the phone? And guess who did not sleep in the woods in the winter in the snow?

A very good friend of mine that lives in Kansas (I live in Maryland for now) took over the truck when I returned to the US. We used to take equipment, radios, torque wrenches, test equipment etc. to the depot for calibration. We left in this truck at dawn, and booked up the autobahn, dropped the stuff off and came home via the back roads. I believe I mentioned this in a previous post.

Well, sorry to go OT. If and when I find more, I will post them. Right now, I am on the lap top because the main computer is restarting and "blue screening" a lot. Very frustrating...