Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will cross with mil-l-2105

Default What will cross with mil-l-2105

Just left box chain auto parts store and they could not cross the gear oil. Was hopeing to get enough time to day to Change all gear/ tran & transfer case oil.
    Will any gear oil work aside from 80 summer 90 winter.

80-90 is what i used. everything works, so far....al

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Standard 80-90 gear oil will do the job just fine.

Buy it at someplace like Tractor Supply or the like where you can get a 5 gallon bucket at a time. That will do the transfer case and both axles with a little left over.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks on my way to get it now. Was going to take the715 but breaks went to the floor master cylinder empty. Haven't drove it in a week and a half guess iv a leak somewhere. But it's not easy to find. Least haven't found it yet.

If you haven't driven it in a week. You should have a nice wet spot on the inside of a tire, wet frame or wet firewall to show you where the leak is.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I got a little hand crank pump for filling the cases. Don't remember where now. Pays for itself the first time you can't figure out how they get the oil in some of those spots.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Yes, I looked for the tell tell signs of a leak. But didn't see any rained a lot yesterday. I think I did see what looked like a leak wet spot on inside front passenger side tire. Well guess I'll just have to keep an eye on my fluid level. Also a great reason for me to half to get disk conversion. (wife approval)

If you use a hose long enough that it will reach out from under the truck and up the door a bit, then you can put the bottle in that and squeeze and it will go in for you...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

What's the interval for changing gear lube in differentials and transfercase. I changed mine last season, but only drove the truck about 1000 miles since. Water, dust and dirt are not a factor here, as the truck is never used off road. Is their a point at which time the lube breaks down from age?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

a guy at worked showed me a trick, and i after i did it, it works great, if you come across a standard water can fire extiguisher, fill it with gear oil, put air in it, but dont fill it so the gauge goes in the green, fill it up about half way up up to the green, and now you have a pressurized gear fill with a plastic tip, and long hose, and holds 2 gallons of gear oil.

Duane