Thread: PTO- anyone use 1 other than 4 a winch?

Default PTO- anyone use 1 other than 4 a winch?

I don't know how well it would work out & function but I was wondering if any of u used eather pto for impulments. I think it would b neat to b able to run a bushhog and other farm implements. Log splitter,hay bailing accessories ect....
    And wondering if bumper had a compatible mount back hoe atchment as well. If u think it would work. What all will I need for the truck end of hook up pto,drive shaft, carrier bearings, and where to get it.
    This would add more to the trucks cool factor.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

You'd need a rear facing PTO, and room to run the shaft of course. Then you'd need to be sure you have your PTO speed at 540 RPM. That is typically what most implements use.

I am sure it could be done, as many early CJ2A's and other Jeeps had PTO's on them. You'd also have to fab up some sort of three-point hitch and a lift mechanism to really get the full advantage.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I have a spare Tornado engine/transmission that has a rear facing pto. I always wondered what it came out of.
    Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by kyken View Post
    I have a spare Tornado engine/transmission that has a rear facing pto. I always wondered what it came out of.
    Contact maintenance truck I think. That is what ran the welder in the service body.

The t90 pto was only used for the winch. The generator was driven off the tease.

That is right. I forgot that they had that belt/pulley arrangement.

Maybe someone used a PTO off something else then. I haven't looked at one in a long time, but could a stock PTO be flipped over?

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    could a stock PTO be flipped over?
    Some PTO's can be disassembled and reassembled with the bearing caps and output shaft reversed to achieve this.
    The gears and main housing will usually keep their original positions.
    Roy

Default pto

plan on using my PTO to run a (PTO driven) log splitter on my 725. My truck did not come with the winch but a bought an engine and trans/PTO off of Mikel.

I got this rear facing pto from Kyken. Thanks again. Was wanting rear facing but now wondering if this pto can b flipped forward. Here r the numbers on it. Dana model #41kbhw-c4-g
    E78 assembly # I looked online but found little. Maybe some of the more well versed gear heads will know something?

My son-in-law said his grandfather ran a bush hog behing his truck for years...said it looked funny but always got the job done