Thread: Manual found

Default Manual found

I always am looking for original manuals for M715 series trucks, and came across this one on epay. I had never seen this one before, at least in about 4 years of me looking.

Ironically, there were two on epay at the same time. One had a buy-it-now option, and that one looked better than the other one listed. Plus it had the cover letter as well. So I bit the bullet and got that one. Turns out the second one bid up for the almost same amount.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

According to the cover letter, as of June, 1968, there were approximately21,000 trucks built already.

Is there any interest in compiling a listing of every manual made for these trucks? I see some other varities of Jeeps/trucks have listings on their respective web sites.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

I have one of those...the blue cover ones are the original Jeep manuals...I took the mil manuals I had and then added into them sections from the blue covered Jeep factory manuals where they had additional info...like the alternator rebuild info that is only found in the factory Jeep manual but not in any of the military manuals...for whatever reason.

The Jeep manuals include a -24 and a -24 appendix...these were the Jeep factory versions that were later rewritten to be the -20 and the -34...the appendix one is a thinner one that has the additional items used in conjunction with the vehicle sections, like the fording kit, arctic heater, hot water heater, pto and winch, etc.

Basically, all the info is incorporated into the -20 and -34 I made for the site...there are still sections from the -24 that stand on there own because they didnt fit well into the existing structure of the -20 and -34 maintenance manuals...they are the introduction to the manual, the body section for the M715, body section for the M725 and the tune up section. These I added in as is...all the other info was comingled with the section that it went with.
    The max drum diameter and the info about keeping the drums properly phased to the axle is from the -24 manuals and is not in the civvy ones...strange...well, except for one version of the -34 that (oh no, who was it now).one of our members in Michigan let me borrow and copy because it had some info that appeared nowhere else too...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Cool find.

You mean like these manuals?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It is overwhelming sometimes that when you want certain information about a part (i.e. starter information), you have to thumb through several manuals to find what you need. It would be nice to have one complete manual that covers everything, but 3-4 inches thick wouldn't be so handy I guess.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Yep, the blue ones are the factory Jeep manuals that the military edited (at least that is my suspicion by the dates) to make the military manuals. I personally prefer the Jeep books and go to them first...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Nice find. Those are cool to have. I always see lots of manuals at the military shows I go to, but have never thought of going thru them to see if an original M715 manual is among the 100's in the display's. Guess next show I'll do some searching.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Default M-715

Hi, I was the one I bought on eBay to $ 47 U.S. dollars at an auction a week ago, I am waiting very happy and looking forward, which I sent to Argentina, with other manuals and a bridge plate
    thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us