Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's alive

Smile It's alive

After instaling the new rear file tank on my old f250. I took the freshly charged batteries to the 715 dash came alive. I thought what r the chances. I hadent drained the fuel tank yet or installed the inline filter. I flipped all the switches pushed the start button & it started faster than my 04 wrangler. Had plans on going to bed but after that...... Had wife help bleed the breakS. And went for madden voyage. Where to the gun shop no less then gass stashion. Ran great with a little luging in 3rd & 4th. Passed turn and hit breaks hard locked all 4 up right now. What a great day. Flingingarrows should have some Picts to upload for this teco chAllanged hillbilly. Glad he offered more to come. Any suggestions on where to go now. Improvements ??

Here you go Matt. Good looking truck!

Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Thanks, George I'm goina have to spend some time and learn how to do that. Now time is a commodity I have little of. Everyone on this sight is so helpfull I can't wait to get to an event and meet some of u.

She's lookin good my first thing would be PAINT wow that yellow is hurting my eyes how can you look at it without sunglasses!!! LOL Seriously though I would still get the tank cleaned I think you said it's been setting around 2 years to long in my opinion and I would get the fuel filters changed out as well she might run fine now but one piece of trash in the line could leave you on the side of the road....... She sure does look good though. Glad you got her up and running.
    Chris

Looks great, congrats! Be ready to have fun!
    Thanks for all the help!

Drove her down through the woods today. Down my 100 yard range then shot prone out of the bed.Sighting in friends deer guns. Handles nice wish it turned a little sharper. 10/4 on the filters and the tank cleaning. I also agree on the paint. But mechanics first It could use some form of lockers or limited slip. FUN she is. O yes.

I would check out the brakes and make sure they are all working properly. I would look at doing a dual master cylinder change for safety. Power brakes and steering upgrade if you want creature comforts . Then a tune up and paint and tires and you'll be all set.
    Zone holster maker

I had a '66 Wagoneer that I acquired after it had sat for a long time, and the tank was empty.. Thought it was OK since I didn't see any rust from the filler tube.
    I had built a chevy 383, installed it (yadda, yadda) after running it and finding some other problems with the motor, It was pulled back out and the pistons looked like they were dipped in Black, glossy paint down to the oil rings.

We came to the point that it HAD TO BE THE VARNISH IN THE TANK that loosened up with the 'new' gas..

You might want to add some Sea-Foam or Marvell mystery oil to the gas just to help loosen to where it won't stick to anything and get burned off. (maybe some diesel fuel.?)
    By me, it's hard to find someone who would 'hot tank' it because of the EPA regulations.. Even getting hard to find a radiator shop to clean old brass radiators.

I likes the color! Just like mine.. kinda.

E

Good job! Just keep driving it and have fun with her. Anything you do to fix and maintain it will just make it that much more enjoyable to drive. Road trip time!

Got off work breakfast with the family then spent all day scouting public land in Ky for this weekends muzzleloader season. Drove a lot walked prob 10 miles. Found an ok spot avoided all the good looking one near the roads. Don't like company! Can't weight to see if my 9 year old will get a shot this weekend. Got home after dark installed an inline filter on the 715. I also bought some sea fome. Hope she rages out early sat so I can spend some time this weekend on the kaiser.
    Wipers need work Was looking for the on switch doing the valve on the vacuum line but the line below the valve is gone. Wonder if I can get it hooked up if they will work. O well rain x for now.