Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard top ?

Default Hard top ?

Were hard tops factory with some. Mine came with one I thought would b easy to remove but it turns out that it has been permantly Atached.will take some work but would like it to b removable. & have soft top as well. Any thoughts.
    Tecno challenged Can't post Picts yet but could email to someone if they wanted to post them.

I can post them for you, i'll pm you my email address
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Thanks george I'll take some more when I get home.

sounds good
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I think there was an arctic top used on some but I would think it was removable. Yours is prolly something added on by FS or FD.....
    Chris

mine was tack welded on with the bows tacked on the inside to ... was a pain to get free

U can see the joint on the bottom back above the bed then on the side it's connected and can see some sanding marks. Looks tacked w/one inch tacks all along the inside. Ans there is no visible joint between the cab roof and windshield at the top.

mine's a removable fiberglass one

There were 2 different styles the military used on the M715...

1 has a slanted top piece, front lower, rear raised, and a rear window...2 piece and removable, does NOT use any of the soft top hardware to mount it. This was the style installed at the factory.

The other has a flat top piece and is also a 2 piece and removable unit with a rear window that does NOT use the soft top hardware to mount it. This type was what one received in the field if a hard top kit was ordered.

There are several different aftermarket ones I have seen...especially the fiberglass units...Boyce Equipment in Utah sold those for years...not sure if they made them.

Then there are the ones that were fitted by individuals or fire departments, etc. These typically DO use the soft top frames and bows and put sheet metal of some type over that. They may be removable without cutting but many are not unless one chops them out...either welded on or riveted on usually.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Mine is 'slanted' but would like it to still flip down the front glass.

I've looked at cutting all the welds carefully and making some kind of removable top that can be latched back together.. BUT that might be more of a pain just in itself.

E