Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new trailer from Govliquidation

Default new trailer from Govliquidation

just won my 1968 M101a1 trailer from govliquidation.com, registered last week and won on my first auction. waiting for my paperwork to go thru to pick up. Anyone thinking of getting a trailer, this is the time to do it for the price.

Duane

cost was 318 dollars, and I gotta pick it up from Ft Mead. MD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be a great deal!

Got any good info on registering with those sites? Likes/dis-likes?

Errol

Great looking trailer and price.

Default Proper Markings

I just started my M101A1 project and we took it down to the bare steel. In doing so, we uncovered the markings from when it was new in 1965. Under all the paint we recovered the period "stars" and registration numbers. I hope to post a drawing, pictures and dimensions of what I found soon. Anyone wanting to paint and mark to the late 60's era may be interested.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

did you get yours through GL? its the first time I ever bid on anything on the site, like I said, I was looking at trailers, and decided I didnt want to pay 850 to tnj murray when they buy them and sell them the way they get them. bid on 5 different ones, including a 1962, and ended up with the 1968. waiting for my EUC (end user certificate to clear to pick it up) i dont know how long it will take. but very glad I went this route.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    did you get yours through GL? its the first time I ever bid on anything on the site, like I said, I was looking at trailers, and decided I didnt want to pay 850 to tnj murray when they buy them and sell them the way they get them. bid on 5 different ones, including a 1962, and ended up with the 1968. waiting for my EUC (end user certificate to clear to pick it up) i dont know how long it will take. but very glad I went this route.Duane
    Yep, from GL at Letterkenny. I paid $230 and it had new tires, top and a fresh CARC paint job. No rust but 4 small holes in the bed from the generator mount which we welded shut. When the M101 series first came on the market they went for $1,000 but quickly came down to about $500. I waited till a big sale where there was over 100 of them at letterkenny so I figured the bidding would be spread out. I went to look at them since they are close and picked out a few. Did OK I figure.

A first time EUC can take some time. After you are cleared about 2 weeks or so for future ones.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Congrats on the trailer. I got a 1968 M101A1 out of Ft Hood a couple of months ago. Took about 10 days for first time EUC to clear. Mine had new tires too, and also had the holes for something they had bolted in the bed. ZGot it torn down and ready for sandllasting, but now the 715 fuel pump is dead, so everything is on hold. There are a bunch that are coming up next week out of Wright Patterson in Ohio, and if I was closer, I'd sure get another one for $325!

Just wondering why you wouldn't get an A2 or 3 variety. I know the A1 is made when our trucks were, but the added saftey of the surge brakes(A2) and the kick-azz crank up landing leg(A3) made me go with the A2.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

I wanted a more correct trailer for my 715, something with NDT's, and not 8 lug chevy?dodge wheels ot HMMV wheels. just my preference.

Duane

my EUC was forwarded to Battle creek in one day after receiving it, hopefully I will get it in 10 days also.

I figured as much. I plan on using mine with my 1500 chevy in addition to the 725, so I went with the newer trailer. Yeah, GL has been speeding up the EUC process here recently. I can't promise anything, but I might be able to preview the trailers at W.P. if anyone needs questions answered.
    "We are here for the meeting!"