View Poll Results: How old are our M7xx owners?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 25

12 6.22%
  • 25-30

19 9.84%
  • 31-35

24 12.44%
  • 36-40

29 15.03%
  • 41-45

24 12.44%
  • 46-50

34 17.62%
  • 51-55

19 9.84%
  • 56-60

16 8.29%
  • 61-65

9 4.66%
  • 66 and up

7 3.63%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: M715's Age Group

Hey Joe, 69 and still enjoying your truck. That's exactly what I want to hear. The Zone needs some of us older guys to average this whole thing out. Don't ask me what that means, but it felt good to type it.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Im 62 drive mine daily. First saw one at 19, had a jeep of some kind all my driving life.

i turned 21 almost 2 weeks ago... my dad got ours right about when i was born and he handed me the keys to it last year i love it...
    68 383ls1 4l80e NP241 37s 4:11

I just turned 55 last Friday and have had my 67 M715 a little over 2 years. My soon to be 12 year old daughter and I put about about 300 miles on it this summer hauling the jet-ski, making junk yard trips, and picking up her "Yerf Dog" go kart (fits in the back perfectly, so that is where we store it as garage space is scarce). When I turned 18 in 1974 the Vietnam war had ended, but I still had to go downtown to register for the draft (still have my card somewhere).

I'm 20 now. Most at school called me spoiled because my dad bought me a new car when I was 16. They never understood though what I went through because he was never home and was always drunk or at some random motel when he was in town. All I ever wanted was something simple in life. The simpilar the better because everything was so complicated. It got more complicated when my father retired and wanted to be part of my life. I never resented him and did want him in my life. When I was 13 my sister wrecked his jeep and he needed a hand redoing the front axle. It was a 1998 wrangler and I haven't stopped working on her since. I now no longer have that new car he gave me, but instead that jeep. I almost traded her once the first time I saw an M715 but I just couldn't part with what meant to me so much sentimentally. At 17 I vowed that I will own an M715 some day and everything about it will be mine. Well I got my own loan and use my own parts and everything about this truck just makes me smile, knowing that it's been a rocky road to get here. Occasionally I'll ask my dad for help on it even when I know what's wrong, just so he feels needed. That and he has a hoist

i just turned 20 in july. i think i bought it when i was 14. thanks to the guys here. if it wasnt for them i probably wouldnt of found the truck, wish i could find the thread, ill have to dig down deep. their was a link from ebay posted here, $400 and a few hours away from where im at now. i payed my dad $200 to trailer it back. glad i had some money saved up!
    my signature is sweet huh?

I'm 53, wanting one of these trucks for a while, then was going to buy it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    May be a younger crowd, but remember this, it was us older guys who drove these trucks during the Vietnam War. The period in history for which they were designed for. Never again will their be a period in history like the 10 years that covered the Vietnam Era. The cars, music, political unrest, mistrust for those over 30! Glad I lived through it, and very happy I survived it.
    My goodness, isn't that the truth...

I'm 50 years young & enjoying life!
    When I was 12 our local village got a M715 w/winch on loan from Civil Defense. Still had all the markings & canvas. Very Cool Truck! The village planned to put a snowplow on it, but it steered too hard. And nobody could figure out how to install powersteering. So the village kept it in out of the weather & used it to haul brush, garbage, whatever. Said village got done with the truck a few years later & then it went to our local park service. Still within 3 miles of my house.... The park service kept it inside & used it to haul brush, skid logs & later put a water tank in the back for a fire truck. Well, since it still didn't have power steering, the rangers & summer help ran it into trees, dropped limbs on the hood, backed the drivers door into a stump,etc on the fire trails. They then obsoleted it out & it ended up sitting under a walnut tree, where after a few years it wouldn't start anymore. Another 5 years & I stalked the owner long enough to buy it. Which I've owned for 10+ years.
    So, the first M715 that I saw ended up being MY M715 almost 30 years later!

BTW, I forgot to mention that I am 63...