Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M725 rear door key

Default M725 rear door key

My newly purchased M725 came with a rear door key. Are these individual for each door or are they the same for all M725's?

If they are the same, I can try to find someone who has correct blanks and make copies for those who need it.

Let me know.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

I"ll have to check but I think I'm missing the whole lock cylinder on mine. Argh.
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1968 M715 w WVT993 maint bed
    1969 M725

Yes that would be great! They are the same for all.

Default M725 rear door key.

If they are the same, I'll take two also.

My suggestion is to use the original key to make the copies, and put your original key away and don't use it on your every-day key ring.

PM us if you are able to do this.

Thanks!
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

Turns out I am missing the entire lock cylinder for the rear doors. When you're talking to your key guy about making replacements could you inquire about a source for new cylinders that would be appropriate?

I don't have a key for the front doors either and the driver's side handle broke in half so there is a piece of tubing screwed on as a replacement.

I think a new set for all around are in order.
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1969 M725

I didn't look close, but I wasn't sure there was a lock you could access from the outside with a key on the front doors. The seller said you could lock the doors from the inside, and go out the back door and lock the whole thing. It is not stored near me now to look.

Friday I am going to try the local old-time hardware store to see if they have a blank for the keys. Pretty sure they don't have any cylinders for this stuff.

Scott

PS I am getting two spare doors for the M725, not sure what handles/locks or front or rear doors for that matter. Cornholio you got first dibs on them if I have spares.

Is there any numbers stamped on the lock or latch handle to indicate a certain key stamping? Like on all rv and trailer locks or any handles from Southco, all have 3 digits on them to match them to a certain key. Perhaps the same key is still being made today. Just a thought.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate it.

James
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1969 M725

I don't think there's any locks on the front doors, just the pass-through and rear doors. Whoever the contractor was that built the box must have provided the locks and keys. The driver and pass doors came from the toledo factory.

Thanks for doing this, maybe get a copy to Jon so he can have it for reference.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Now that I looked at the pics, the lock was in the pass-thru door to the rear compartment.

Going Friday to look.

Scott