Thread: Replacement clutch parts

Default Replacement clutch parts

I'm a wretched civilian here with a '65 Willys wagon (Tornado engine/T90 3 spd).

I've had enough of the clutch judder - especially in reverse...

15 years ago I replaced the clutch disc but did nothing else to the assembly. This time I want to do a complete job, so will need a new pressure plate, disc, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing and, no doubt, the rear crank seal etc. I hope the flywheel isn't too cracked and can be resurfaced.

Can anyone recommend the best source for parts for this job? I'm willing to pay a bit extra for high quality, hopefully domestic, products.

Will there be a difference in transmission input shaft spines at the clutch disc? Does the M715 have a different (heavier) flywheel?

Thanks for your comments,

Pavel

If you determine the parts are the same, I have the following for sale. I bought it for $125 + shipping thinking I needed it but thankfully I did not. I would be willing to sell for the same. Throw out bearing on top and flywheel on bottom, all new. Oh...my truck is stock.

Thanks for all the help!

Kyken:

I have no way of knowing if your parts fit my civilian Tornado engine. Can you tell me your supplier so I can contact them and get more information?

Does your new flywheel have the starter ring gear attached and if so, how many teeth does it have?

Thank you!

Default clutch

Hi There ,
    If the kit is no good to you I would be interested , As I have a ring gear thats worn and need to replace it and thought I would do the clutch at the same time. Cheers Kevin

Kyken, Turns out I probably can't use the parts in my civilian vehicle. Thanks for the opportunity. Sounds like you might have a customer in bigkev143!

Cheers

Pavel

Default clutch parts

Hi there Kyken,
    If your selling them Im in the market my personal email is kevinbaker2@bigpond.com M715 parts are hard to come by over here as I seem to have the only original one in the country. Theres 1 or 2 lookalikes about but Ive got the real McCoy cheers Kevin Baker

When I did my clutch, I used civilian parts and they were the same...though I did specify I wanted a Borg and Beck pressure plate as opposed to the diaphragm type...the 3 finger type was in my truck and I wanted to stay with that.
    Heres a parts list that I know works:
    Car Quest parts:
    Heavy duty Clutch disk: Westling # RBP CD3271
    Heavy duty Pressure plate: Westling # RBP CA1470
    Throw out Bearing: Fed Mogul # BGS 1562

The rear main, I cant remember now if the civvy and mil are the same or not...heres the number that works for the mil setup:
    Rear main Seal: # JV734

The pilot bearing in the crank is different...I had a civvy motor sitting here and the id of the pilot bearing was too small for the mil application...not sure where you can get that piece.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!