Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tires

Default tires

can anyone tell what is the best tires to run on the 715 ,the biggest that i can put on please and if you have pics that would be nice as well thanks sonny.

Hey Sonny if you have stock rims then on the market a 315/75/16 is about the biggest you can get from most dealers, However there are some specialty places that might have something bigger our trucks without any lift can get 38 inchs of rubber under them before you have to think about mods. If you can find some Michellin has a tire that's 325/75/16 but they are getting hard to come by, and use 11.00 r16 as a size referance. If you see militarypotts around thats the tires he has on his truck and they look really nice. If you have non stock rims or would rather have more options for tire sizes there are a few threads that mention Marsh racing rims. Hope this helps.
    Chris

Here is one of my truck with the Michelins XZL and one without.After seeing Kwai's and Barrman's with them I found me a new set .
    also with the Marsh rims.

There is a guy in florida on craigslist that had a trailer-load of xzl's a few weeks ago. Might still be on there. Or try Berg tire.

Quote Originally Posted by M715VFD405 View Post
    Hey Sonny if you have stock rims then on the market a 315/75/16 is about the biggest you can get from most dealers, However there are some specialty places that might have something bigger our trucks without any lift can get 38 inchs of rubber under them before you have to think about mods. If you can find some Michellin has a tire that's 325/75/16 but they are getting hard to come by, and use 11.00 r16 as a size referance. If you see militarypotts around thats the tires he has on his truck and they look really nice. If you have non stock rims or would rather have more options for tire sizes there are a few threads that mention Marsh racing rims. Hope this helps.
    Militarypotts checking in here. Thanks for the compliment. I love the way my truck looks with the 1100x16 Michelins. People always comment on the tires. They give the truck a great look in my opinion. Click on my avatar or profile page for a better look. Please give me a feed back. Good luck.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

One more thing, as was stated earlier, no modification is needed to fit these bad boys in the wheel wells. Just don't fool with the split rims unless you have the proper equipment. Way to dangerous!
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Default need more money

looks like i am going to need more money,thanks guys I like xzls or whatever those are doodie i forgot

more money is right I need new tires and would love to get my hands on the michelins but I may have to settle for a set of the 315/75/16's......
    Chris

I also think the Michelin tires are the best for the truck. I also can't let the "split rim" comment go without writting a few things.

The M37, M715, M35, M101 and M105 all had split ring rims. Totally different animal from a split rim. The split ring rim is a very solid and easy to work on part if you have a duck billed hammer. Without that, as long as the tire is within an inch of the split ring, nothing is coming apart. I have had several flats with the stock rims and nothing came apart.

If you have access to a tire machine or don't mind spending the money for somebody to change your tires, go custom tubeless. Less hassle and you might have peace of mind.

However, if all you have is an air compressor and a willingness to work a little. Get a duck billed hammer and service your own tires.

Just my opinion and I wanted to clear up the rim safety mis conceptions.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw