Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock grill

Default stock grill

can anyone tell me if the m715 came with some sort of grill ,if not who or where can i find one of those hard to find rino grills,after markit is fine with me.thanks to all of those who have helped and those who will .sonny

Sonny, no grilles were on the production 715s. The "Rhino" grills are off 60's vintage civilian J-trucks and bolt right on.

I would search for them at the "old school" junkyards and online. Getting kind of hard to find.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Default Grill

I cut a piece of expanded mesh, and I love it. It looks military, like the m35 grills
    Feast or famine,

I also did expanded metal wrapped in screen type stuff to keep rocks and bugs off my radiator.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I like the look of the radiator showing through without a grill, but I'am starting to get a few small dings in my radiator. Just what is expanded mesh or metal? Does it need a frame to be bolted onto the mounting holes that are already there? Does it effect the cooling of the motor? Thanks.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Expanded metal is the same as what most people call mesh.

I just made it the basic size of the opening and welded washers in where the factory screw holes are.

I have no pictures on this computer nor am I at home, so I can't show anything today.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Keep an eye out on ebay. I picked one up for 65 bucks this winter with a little rust on it, it cleaned right up. Sprayed black looks awesome.
    1968 M725(2)
    1967 M715
    1967 M725(2)
    1963 M43
    1954 M37
    1967 M103A3 w/M1010 Body

Here is what a 1968 M715 looked like in 1970, in Neu Ulm, Deutschland. It is the real deal!

Default grill

thanks guys i hope to have some pics of my beast soon with something in the grill hole sonny

I had an interesting thing happen..
    I picked up a gladiator grill from a member, got it unpacked and RAN out to see 'how it looked'.. It didn't look like it fit.? Looked too long top to bottom.
    Of course I didn't take any little bolts with me, but it just didn't look right.

It's sticking up about 1" if the bottom is 'in' the opening. (I have the radiator in so its' kinda hard to see how close the tabs are to meeting)

Does anyone elses stick up past the top of the radiator support?
    Does this give support to the front of the hood?

E