Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Good Weekend

Default A Good Weekend

On Friday I was able to fire up all three of my old trucks and move them out of the shop under their own power. A first!!!

This allowed me to do a thorough and much needed cleaning of the shop. Then on Sunday I was able to start all three trucks and move them
    under their own power back into their designated spots in the shop.
    No jumps, no straps, no tractors and best of all no help from complaining kids or the girlfriend.

It just does not get any better than that

M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

Very cool. If you ditch all of that furniture, you'll have more room to play in the garage. Nice shop, BTW
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Very cool. If you ditch all of that furniture, you'll have more room to play in the garage. Nice shop, BTW
    Good point, but then my buddies would complain that there is no place to sit when they come over to drink a cold one
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

It's a good feeling isn't it? A clean shop, and three vehicles to work on. Looks like a real nice area to do your work. Always nice to have a chair handy to sit and admire your hard work.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

great feeling.

Really nice Willys by the way.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Nothing like finally getting to actually operate (rather than push or tow) your trucks!

I bought my truck and worked on it for around a year, and it wasn't until 8 months into the project I found the seats for it and was able to actually sit in it for the first time.

Very nice looking shop, by the way.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by compexp View Post
    great feeling.

Really nice Willys by the way.
    Thanks - that is the closest thing to a roadworthy vehicle of the three. I use it for hardware store runs and snow wheeling. It has a lot of small stuff that needs work for it to be a complete and dependable vehicle but at least it is running at the moment
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    Nothing like finally getting to actually operate (rather than push or tow) your trucks!

I bought my truck and worked on it for around a year, and it wasn't until 8 months into the project I found the seats for it and was able to actually sit in it for the first time.

Very nice looking shop, by the way.
    When I bought the red truck a year and a half ago I thought it would be a quick fix to get it on the road. I was grossly wrong on that estimate but it does feel good to finally have it move under its own power. Now I just need to tackle the brakes, the t-case, the axles, etc..............

I spent many years working in a very small garage - it really felt good when I was able to move into a decently sized shop. However, as you can see it did not take me long to expand the fleet and fill the available space Having a nice place to work definitely makes working on these trucks a lot more enjoyable
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocntj View Post
    Good point, but then my buddies would complain that there is no place to sit when they come over to drink a cold one
    So true, you gotta take care of your buddies!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the good moments!

You are so right about "having a nice place to work definitely makes working on these trucks a lot more enjoyable"!!
    Thanks for all the help!