Thread: Rear 'bumper' black or od?

Default Rear 'bumper' black or od?

Just stripped the paint from the rear bumper area and there was no od paint. Is is supposed to be black or od?

Thanks!
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

I painted mine od. It is part of the frame but when the trucks were being painted, the rear was left exposed and got painted the od to match the bumpers and extensions. Some frames were even od from the factory. It is when they went to rework they were painted black. This is what I understand from prevoius discussions on this board.

Rear bumpers were Olive Drab when the trucks were in service. This is my truck when I was in Germany in 1970.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Porkchop -- long time no talk. I have put that On/Off Switch that you sent me to good use, no more key for me!

Don -- It's great to see actual pics when these pigs were in service! Awesome pics, thanks! (Got any more?)
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

HM,
    how to reply to this threat. Both are correct to my knowledge.
    As far as I found out, trucks with winch had generally frames in OD. Trucks without winch normally had black frames after a visit in the depot maintanance, except in most cases the front bumper, for the front bumper was fixed to the truck later, means at least after the frame painting. Axles and springs have been found in black and OD. However, if the winch was installed at the unit the truck served, the winch was OD and the other parts of the frame were OD or black. So to my knowledge almost everything is correct, except a black winch.
    With the change to the MERDC camo painting, all outside visible parts were in camo.
    Wolf