Thread: Cab stowage

Default Cab stowage

Since I have been working on a few of the small detail pieces before taking the truck to Dayton for the national convention this summer, I purchased the cab stowage strap set from Weebee Webbing. Up until now, if I had the soft top pieces off, I would store them in the corner of the garage. And since I plan on displaying the truck with the top off, I wanted the proper pieces to stow all the parts behind the seats like the -10 describes and shows. Looks like it should be easy according to the -10. Wrong, what a pain in the rump to get the two door posts in. They slide in under the battery box, but it takes a whole lot more twisting and pushing to fit than you would think. You have to twist them one direction for the tab to clear the batt. box, then twist them back another direction to clear the two crossbow posts, and then some more to get them in and past the door jamb. The designer who thought that up should have been shot. A few simple design changes sure would have made it a lot easier. Either raise the batt. box a bit or change the front mounting tabs sure would have made it easier. I can only imagine 18y.o. privates trying to do it. No wonder those pieces are so hard to find, the soldiers probably bent the hell out of them trying to make them fit. But after a little fiddling time, I got them in. Anyway here are a few pics of them in and all strapped down.

And a few of the truck overall with the top and windshield down.

Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

All I can say is, "Looks good!"

That looks Awesome Dave! I look forward to getting to finally meet you at convention!
    I need some paint masks for my new M725 so I will be sending you an e-mail in a week or so.
    Thanks!
    Mike Spradlin
    BlessedM715

John 15:13
    Greater love has no one than this, That he lay down his life for his friends...

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedM715 View Post
    That looks Awesome Dave! I look forward to getting to finally meet you at convention!
    I need some paint masks for my new M725 so I will be sending you an e-mail in a week or so.
    Thanks!
    Mike Spradlin
    Thanks Mike, I hope you are also bringing those nice trucks of yours to the convention. Look forward to meating you and I will keep an eye out for when you are ready to mark that new M725.
    Dave

I strapped mine in one time and you are right it is a royal pain! It took some time to do it even without the battery box. I now choose to store them in the corner of the garage.

Nice. Look foward to seeing it in Dayton.

Yep PC, after the show I know I'm going back to keeping them in the corner of the garage.

I would be awesome if several M715s showed up at Dayton for the show. It sure would be cool to kind of thumb our noses a bit at the WWII Jeeps are the only real military vehicle crowd.
    Dave