Thread: What is correct way to install end curtain?

Default What is correct way to install end curtain?

I installed an end curtain last week, but wasn't sure what was the correct way.

[IMG][/IMG]

I centered the rope (included with the curtain) in the center two holes of the curtain, and evenly wrapped around the bows all the way down to the bottom of curtain. The leftover rope I then looped around the innermost tie hook on end panel of box, then over to the outermost tie hook. Only about 2 inches of rope left, and very hard to tie a knot with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

And the curtain has two holes in bottom center of it. Should I go from bottom corner to center, then down to innermost tie hook and tie it off there?

Seems odd to lay down under the truck to tie the rope. Obviously, the rear curtain is easier to do, as it is out in the open on the tailgate.

Any ideas?

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

That's basically the same way I tie mine. I have the same short-rope syndrome as well.

On the back curtain I will only wrap the rope up the driver's side stake, then over the top and then only one loop about 2/3 down around the passenger's side stake. That way I can quickly unwrap the single loop and slide the curtain over for access.

Not sure if there's really a wrong way to do it. There's probably a trick or two from the military folks though. In fact, I think a vet in our local MV club told me about the rear curtain trick.
    -- Tim Taylor

Well, I tried to loop the rope from the corner to the middle loop, then down to the centermost tie, and it won't reach it at all.

My other option is to purchase some sisal rope from McMaster-Carr, and make a longer rope, so I can get to the center grommet and back to the tie point near the side of the truck.

Will report on that when I get the rope.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13