Alright,
This thread is to help out any of you who are going to do what I just did.
I stuffed a 427 (tall deck) into my 715 using the stock frame horns.

I used motor mounts from a '70 Chevy pickup with a V-8 (all v-8's big or small use the same mounts) and stuck these on the stock frame horns in the stock location. The motor called for the firewall to be 'clearanced' about 2" on the passenger's side. I have an HEI distributor on the motor with about 3" behind it.
The headers I got were from Jeg's and were Dynomax block huggers- part number 028985901 and were $119.99. They are black. The dump on these is about 2" below the bottom of the block. They cleared the stock horns, but with little room on the passenger's side and had to be clearanced a tad on the driver's side. The stock steering shaft is in a position where you have to beat the header pipe in about 1/2" to clear it.

All in all- I was pleased with them. Cheap, almost a perfect fit, and allow me to run my exhaust over the frame rails before the body mounts to the frame.

Stock exhaust manifolds will not fit if you use the stock horns and these motor mounts. On the driver's side they arched down too soon so that it was about 2" worth of clearencing you'd have had to do.

I'm gonna post some pics monday of my stand-alone clutch linkage, and of the headers and such.

-B.