Thread: m725 suspension lift?

Default m725 suspension lift?

I just picked up a m725 and im planing on adding some lift and bigger tires and wheels prolly paint it od and call it good, ive got a j10 and I was curious if a lift for that would fit the m725?

thanks

How tall you want to go? You can fit 38's stock. Do a spring over in front and a shackle flop in rear and I think you can get 42's without too much rubbing. There is no off the shelf lift for these trucks.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

What Glenn said.

The J series stuff won't do you any good, and 38's will fit stock, but will rub at full stuff. A springover up front and a shackle/pin flip in the rear will garner you around 6 inches of lift right away. You will need longer brake hoses and a re-tapering of steering arms to flip the center link to clear the springs. Oh, you'll also need to notch the crossmember for the front driveshaft to drop.

With 42's after the above mods, its still a bit snug and they will also rub too in the right flexy situation.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

You can use J truck lift springs for the rear. I bought 4 inch rear lift springs for an early 60's J truck from Hell Creek suspension. They were great to work with. They use the same style bushings as the M springs. They will flex better also.

The front is a different story. They are different length, etc.
    Last edited by Troop ISP; June 1st, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troop ISP View Post
    You can use J truck lift springs for the rear. I bought 4 inch rear lift springs for an early 60's J truck from Hell Creek suspension. They were great to work with. They use the same style bushings as the M springs. They will flex better also.

The front is a different story. They are different length, etc.
    I will try the rear springs on my 715 from Hell Creek if I don't like the ride when mine is done. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, does the 715 suspension flex.

If its a stock suspension...it doesnt flex much, if any, till you get a ton in the bed...or more...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

im prolly just going to go around 4-6in, I know of a few companys that custom make leafsprings might see how much they will charge to make a set. im trying to keep from having to modify much so if I ever decide to sell I can put it back to stock without much trouble.

The m725 is in amazing shape lol it would be a shame to cut it up to much.