Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a Deuce Gearbox with OD fit M715

Default Will a Deuce Gearbox with OD fit M715

Hi,

I have just about finished my M715 restoration project and am trying to find out about my Gearbox options to replace the T98 stock.

I can get my hands on a Deuce and a half Gearbox with overdrive and would like to know if anyone knows how it will fit in the M715. I don't know much about the Deuce Gearbox and would appreciate any information I can get about this type of change out.

I currently have a SBC 350 with a NP202 transfer case 4.56 gears in both axles.

Any and all information greatly appreciated.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

With the correct bellhousing, flywheel and clutch, yes, it will fit behind a small-block. There have been several threads regarding the installation of the Spicer 3053A transmission in the M715.

Here is a good one: SBC to 3053A Progress
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I have a 3053a behind a 6.2 in my truck. It will fit with modifications.
    I think I saw on ebay a guy selling a new gear for the overdrive that drops from a .85 overdrive to .75 overdrive, IIRC.
    http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...ion/index.html
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

.75 would be nice. I think the 3053a is a much better transmission than the NV4500 I have in the M715 now. Except for the OD that is. New gears would make it no contest.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I think the overdrive is too close, as well. I think he was wanting $450 or something like that. I just don't drive the truck enough to warrant that.
    Come and take it

The Spicer 3053A trans is readily available, inexpensive and pretty solid minus the odd shift pattern

1-6.00
    2-3.31
    3-1.89
    4-1.00
    5-0.85
    rev-5.90

There is now a 0.69 OD gear set now available and looks like it is $1374-$1553, kind of defeats the inexpensive part, but gives a very aggressive OD...
    http://waterloospecialties.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gonz View Post
    I think the overdrive is too close, as well. I think he was wanting $450 or something like that. I just don't drive the truck enough to warrant that.
    Try 1374!

http://waterloospecialties.webs.com/

Whoops, just saw it was posted.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

It was too much at my price, lol! Thanks to both of you for linking that so it can be searched again in the future- gonz
    Come and take it

There are a lot stronger trannies available than the deuce tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk