Thread: M715 Tailgate reinforcement

Default M715 Tailgate reinforcement

Seen pictures that mirror what my tailgate had encountered, incidental damage to the thin upper edge, and the lower lip from being stood on.

I cut the upper lip off and am replacing it with 2-1/2" square tubing.
    Should wind up looking stock profile-wise, with substantially stronger characteristics.
    I may even make the hollow have removable end-caps so some chain or even a pry-bar can be stowed inside the cavity.
    Here are some pictures of the surgical procedure;

I have gotten a little further than this on the profiling/cutting where the tubing will go, but need to wire brush a few hidden areas and rust convert prior to attaching the new tubing. Should get to it early next week.
    More soon.
    Last edited by cleefurd; April 29th, 2011 at 09:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Upgrade, Design Modifications & Administrative Support by:
Palm River Enterprises LLC, IT Solutions
President: Tom King, User ID=teking
This site is owned and operated by:
M715 Zone, LLC
President: Jon Schmidt, User ID=brute4c

If you have any suggestions, comments, problems or questions, contact:  brute4c@m715zone.com
Use of this site means you understand and agree to our TERMS OF USE

Copyright Notice:
This web site is subject to the protection of the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. Except for Personal Use Only, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information obtained from any part of the M715 Zone website without the prior written permission of M715 Zone, LLC. Written permission can only be obtained by contacting brute4c@m715zone.com

Copyright 1998-2024