Thread: Hats off to VPW

Thumbs up Hats off to VPW

I just wanted to post a good experience I recently had with the guys at VPW. Last month I discovered that the snorkel tube I received from them back in August 2009 when I bought a fording kit from them had the M725 version instead of the M715. When I originally received the kit I had wondered how it was going to bolt up but different priorities left it sitting in my garage until I stumbled upon a recent thread that showed the difference between the two.

I gave the guys a call and originally spoke with Jans. I explained the situation and without any fuss he gave me an RGA number and told me to send it back for an exchange.

About a week later I packed it up in some cardboard tubing and sent it back with the RGA number and copy of the original invoice. Did I mention the original receipt said returns must be made within 60 days?

I sent them an email saying that I had sent it back and it cost me $20 to do so. I also asked them to confirm receipt as I might like to order a few more parts for the return shipment.

About a week later I got a voice mail saying they had received the M725 snorkel and my email about wanting more parts. I called and spoke with Steve and relayed to him the story. About a week prior to this my coil had died on me so I ordered up a new coil and complete tune up kit along with some top bows and a set of corners for the cargo area.

My parts showed up a week later and the guys at VPW were nice enough to not only not charge me for the return shipment of the replacement snorkel but they also gave me a credit of $20 for my cost of shipping the wrong part back in the first place.

I just wanted to give them a thumbs up for great service and if ever have the chance to make it out to their neck of the woods I will definately stop in to say HI....after going through the 450 tons of M715 parts they supposedly have. LOL.
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1968 M715 w WVT993 maint bed
    1969 M725

Good to hear.

Thanks for sharing that. It's good to hear that there are still decent companies left in this world. I will not hesitate to use them when the need arises.

That is exceptional! I have one of their catalogs, and wont hesitate to order from them
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I've bought a few items from them and never had an issue, but its good to know they stand behind their sales.

Thanks for the info!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Yes, they are really good about making things right.
    When I saw my snorkel was not fitting right about a year and a half ago I said something to Matt that it looked to fit a 725 not a 715. We looked in every shipping container that said it had snorkels ,but all 725s no 715s. We came to one that was so packed full we just couldn't find them at all. Now jump forward to late last Summer, I stopped in to pick up a couple of things and he says " Hey guess what I found?". So he shows me the pipe and says "Is this what you are looking for?". He let me bring it home then return the other when I went back over "sometime" (which was the next week).
    That's what gave me the chance to snap the pics in my shop.
    Granted, I have the luxury of having them 40 minutes away, but not many places let you take something on trust anymore. That means alot to me.

Thanks a lot for taking those pics SAC715. Without them I would never have known and wondered what Kaiser Jeep was thinking when they made these things. LOL.
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1968 M715 w WVT993 maint bed
    1969 M725