Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New M715

Default My New M715

Well by 1000 hrs tomorrow morning I hope to be unloading my new M715 in my driveway. I bought it from a volunteer fire dept in the county that I work for by sealed bid. It's a 1968 and for the most part is completely stock. It runs like a champ and there's no major rust. I'm not thrilled with the holes in the bed, both the size and the amount of them. The hardtop needs to be removed along with the over whelming amount of rivots they used to attach it. Since I am a career fireman, I think I'm going to keep the lettering and some of the lights for now. The federal Q siren that's under the hood is def. going to stay. The bar light and roll bar are going to be removed. I need to figure out how I'm going to fill some of the holes in the bed as welding patches will be a pain one because of the corregated bed floor and the circles that were cut. For now I'm not planning any type of full restoration as I have a baby on the way and am working alot of overtime to start my little man's college fund. I plan to ask alot of questions along the way as most of the time I'm either at work and don't have time to search or am home and am to lazy to search (Yes I am going to be THAT guy). I will update this thread, hopefully, fairly often as one of the regrets that I had with my last Jeep (07 JK on 35 s locked) I didn't document or keep a build thread and since I sold it for a baby mobile I can't look back at the work that I did. Anyways enough rambling here's some pics.

Welcome aboard. Nice looking rig!!

Looks great! Way to go! I always find out about sales like that the day after they are over. Congrats!
    Thanks for all the help!

Hey, welcome aboard. Your truck looks nice and clean!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Fancy paint scheme on that rig. Welcome to the Zone. This is the place to gt your questions answered. Just remember, that new baby always comes first. Truck looks solid. Great start.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Well brought the Jeep home yesterday, drove it around the hood alittle and already found the first leak I have a antifreeze leak that only happens when the system is under pressure. The window slider on the inside of the drivers door has also been broke for what seems like a while now. She runs like a champ though atleast until we get to 50 mph All in all it's a tank and is going to need alittle work but it's a neat Jeep that is streetable. Maybe when my little boy is born and gets a little older we can have a project together.

Yesterday I also got rid of some of the swallows nest of wiring and pulled the strobes and strobe pack. Today I pulled some more useless wiring and removed the letters and some of the stripping. I found the antifreeze leak it seems I have a small pin hole in the upper rad hose. Guess I'll be calling Memphis Equip tomorrow.

A little better

Default Stock Upper radiator hose

Got my radiator hose at Advance Auto parts. They looked up 66 Kaiser Jeep Gladiator. Trim the length a little at a time so you don't cut it too short like I almost did.

A few posts I saved to a word document have this P/N:

Hose - Radiator Upper, Item#: NBH8484 or An 8484
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

Quote Originally Posted by MJCougler View Post
    Got my radiator hose at Advance Auto parts. They looked up 66 Kaiser Jeep Gladiator. Trim the length a little at a time so you don't cut it too short like I almost did.

A few posts I saved to a word document have this P/N:

Hose - Radiator Upper, Item#: NBH8484 or An 8484
    That's awesome man thanks...I went today and the chick at AutoZone asked what it was that I brought in But thanks that will help out alot.

It almost gets to be a joke going to the autozone or other stores like that when they start asking "what model, year, engine" when you've already told them time and time again it's not in their computer system. Just wasted another 20 minutes while they try to look it up. Then you can look at them and smile (if your still in a good mood) and say "I told you".

Best thing in the world is to look it up or ask here for a part number and have it in hand when you get to the store.

Another thing I found out with Memphis Equip (you mentioned above)...Great place and people and you will always get the correct part but they assume you are in a huge hurry for your part and they ship everything 2nd day air. It can be more expensive than the part. I have learned the hard way to always say to ship it the cheapest/slowest way possible. I bet 1/3 to 1/2 the expense of my truck is shipping! It's the "UPS luxury Tax".

You have a great looking beastie there, you will have loads of fun!!
    Thanks for all the help!