Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unfortunatly I might have to sell my M715, But How to determine a price?

Default Unfortunatly I might have to sell my M715, But How to determine a price?

Its heartbreaking but in this economy like many others I have found myself having to liquidate things I wish I didnt have to.(Not going into detail we all have our issues) I am not sure what the market will bear on my vehicle, any input from members who know the values would be of great help. I have seen some crazy prices on M715`s with rust & not in very good shape. Mine was kept up by a Fire Dept all these years & kept indoors. The serial # is 16744 & according to the VIN registry here it places my DD@ 10/67 . Its in good running condition & in great shape ,solid as a rock with title. Heres a link with some pics. I know one thing from being here, I will get good solid information to make it fair for me and the person who buys it.
    http://img853.imageshack.us/g/32248461.jpg/
    I didnt know if should post it in classifieds because I really dont have a price yet. Mod if so let me know & I will immediatly , Thank you .

Sorry you might have to let it go. Looks pretty solid with just a few cosmetic things like the tailgate welded open and the home made top. Just guessing I'd say it's a 3000 maybe 4000 dollar truck since it's running and seems rust free. A very good starting point.

I recently purchased one in very similar condition for $3,800. There were extra's included with my purchase that made it very attractive. (extra motor, tires, fire gear, chains, rhino grill set up)

I hope you get whatever you ask for it. If you don't end up selling it... it might just go up in value when/if Jeep releases a pickup in 2012 that is supposed to be based on the M715. I know that locally the prices on Mustangs/Camaros went up by 30-40% when the retros were released.

Default Thats very distressing

I have well more then suggested figures in my vehicle not including work I have done. According to this site & what I have seen online. In the condition mines in is comp to one these at over 6K. Take a look at what $7500 will by you there!!
    http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/m715.htm

Not being defencive here just informative. The top was put on with self tappers & will revert back easily. I could cut the the tailgate attachment off in about an hour. The interior is in great condition (Seats recently done). New fuel pump, water pump ,choke & hoses...ect... 24k miles...Even cold start only takes 2 kicks at the most & after warm it starts immediatly ( I Love it

Well I will probably have to put up a classified & see what happens. If anyone is truly interested let me know . All I want is to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
    Sorry you might have to let it go. Looks pretty solid with just a few cosmetic things like the tailgate welded open and the home made top. Just guessing I'd say it's a 3000 maybe 4000 dollar truck since it's running and seems rust free. A very good starting point.
    They took the tailgate off & welded thick steel plate & cross bar on it. It will come off easily. But I have to say that back end will push over a tree lol its 1 solid hunk O metal

So sorry that this economy has claimed another victim. I hate to hear that someone has to give up a prized possesion. You can ask whatever you think it's worth, especially to you., but at some point you have to be realistic. This economy is afffecting everyone. They say it's a buyer's market, and that's not a good sign. I wish you luck, and don't get discouraged.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I wish you luck but this hobby isn't going to make you money or even let you break even. I have way more in my trucks than I'll ever get back and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jozepy View Post
    I have well more then suggested figures in my vehicle not including work I have done. According to this site & what I have seen online. In the condition mines in is comp to one these at over 6K. Take a look at what $7500 will by you there!!
    http://www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com/m715.htm
    I looked for a few years before getting my 715. I Always kept an eye on his site as a Plan B if I couldn't find a nice one. Unfortunately his prices are way out of line, and have been sitting there for a long time for that reason. If you look at the completed listings for 715's on ebay, they usually dont go that high either.

Hopefully you will be able to keep it or get what you are looking for
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

There is a truck for sale on Ebay in your state with two more days to go. This one has a 390 AMC in it, but sometimes a well modified one is worth more to someone than a stock one.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Its a bad time for many people in this economy. I have seen the one`s on Ebay & online, some have a coat of paint & come with some extra`s but you have to have a solid base to start from. The adding of all of all the cosmetic parts is what makes this a wonderful hobby & your build is one to be proud of. At least I know I dont have to replace any metal in floors or doors or frame. I have an A1 solid vehicle from the south that was gargage kept & on a regular maintenance schedual which make for a great starting point. You all know how much time, dollars and effort involved to bring these legends back to life.. Each one has its own story to tell so it makes it hard to really put value on a piece of history. Again thank you for all your input its been very helpful . Many blessings to you all.