Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeler: Front Turnsignal Light Adapter Rings ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman2a View Post
    Not to steal your thunder, but I already did this way back in the day. I had them laser-cut. I still have a couple of sets rolling around in the shop. There are lots of folks here and on IFSJ that have them. PM me if are interested, I can save you the machining hassle.
    It might be too late to stop the laser cut order, but if I could, then I would be interested in buying a pair from you.
    I will send a PM

I was too late in stopping the laser cutter, so I just bought 10 sets of front signal light adapter rings. I personally will only be able to use 1 set, so the remainng are now available to purchase. To cover my costs, I am selling them for $20 per pair plus $5 usps shipping or $25 total. What would work best for me is to have you pay me using Paypal and put your mailing address in the Paypal notes section.
    Here's some pictures of the ring on the bench. I will get more pictures when I paint my set and bolt them into the grill.

Assuming the rings have already been bolted into the grill, the lights are installed by first pushing the rubber grommet into the hole.

Then the sealed bulb unit is squeezed into the rubber, which expands it and locks the entire assembly into the hole.

NICE look! I'll be sending you for an order for sure! What P/N turn signal housing did you order?

Thanks for the idea,
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

Quote Originally Posted by MJCougler View Post
    What P/N turn signal housing did you order?
    The light assemblies I got are perhaps the cheapest ones made on earth.
    Here's the link to the Ebay sale where I bought them:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    They say Premier on them which may be a brand name, but no recognizable part number.
    The industry standard for this type of light says it fits in a 4-1/2" diameter hole which is exactly what my rings are cut at, but the particular lights I purchased seem to fit looser in the hole then the better quality ones fit.
    If you were to do a little searching for similar rubber grommeted lights that would fit, there are many out there that should fit just fine. I believe Grote makes some of the better quality units and have a better more rubber like grommet then the cheap plastic ones I got. They are also available in LED style or incadescent like mine. One thing you could do is take a ring to the store and test fit a light assembly inside it before you buy the lights. These are just my ideas. Good luck.

Update on the lights I got on Ebay. They fit perfect after all. I just didn't know how to fit them in. They needed to be pressed in further past the final rubber flange, then they fit great and seal tight just like they are suppose to. So at this point I recommend them to who ever is looking to buy some.

Here's some pictures showing them mounted correctly:

I painted a set of rings and mounted them in my grill. Using 10-32 screws and nuts, they bolted in great.

awesome job
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Default turn signal light trim rings

Zoners,

I"m installing a pair of inner parking lights/turn signal lights with these trim rings too. Thanks again Rollie 715.

Now I have a question. Does anyone know the connector numbers for the inner parking light wiring and the pin number for the left and right turn signal wire. Actually, I have this turn signal wire from the turn signal lights I removed that were hanging off the side of the fender. And, is one of the connectors a ground wire or do I simply attach the ground leads to bare metal?

Thanks in advance,
    Rochester, NY

Default Turn signal wiring diagram

I found the answer:

For those doing this mod, here is the link I finally found identifying the wiring diagram for the connector numbers:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...ring_stock.pdf

The "edit" button would not let me edit this previous post.

Hope this helps,
    Rochester, NY

Mike,
    Good to see the rings arrived ok.
    I noticed when I was mounting mine, the holes in the grill needed a little enlarging or aligning with a drill to get all the 1/4" bolts to fit, so I used size 10-32's instead which all fit fine without any extra drilling. I would be interested in seeing what yours look like when they are installed. Feel free to post them in this thread.
    By the way, I still have 6 more sets if anybody wants them.
    Rollie

Does anyone have a set of these?