Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello everyone, as you can tell by my user name I am indeed Mike Casella. I am the machinist at Then And Now Automotive in Weymouth, MA. I am the person that rebuilds the fuel pumps, among many other things there. If you have ever sent your pump to us to be rebuilt in the past 10 years, the chances that I personally have done it is... well.... 100%. I'm not here as an advertiser, I am here to lend a hand to anyone that may have a question concerning their AC or Carter, single or dual action fuel pump, be it Military or not.

Thank you for listening
    Mike

Hey Mike, You did mine and it's doing great! Thans...Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

Hi Mike and welcome to the M715 Zone. I am rather new to this forum but I am sure that I can say that your advice and help will be most welcome here.

Hi Mike,
    THANKS for helping us keep these trucks running!
    Nice to see you in our little corner of the net...hope you enjoy it!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Most welcome may be an understatement. Always lots of talk here about fuel pumps. Most of us have probably had trouble at one time or another. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Welcome!
    I noticed you posted in another thread, about the common failure point of the carter pump. My stock fuel/ vacuum pump did exactly as you described and has almost cut through the pin on both sides. I couldn't get the deformed pin out, without fear of breaking the housing. Would you guys be willing to just get the pin out and repair the damaged arm? I bought a rebuild kit from you before I realized how bad my pump was, so I already have the parts...
    By the way, I'm sure mine failed for the reasons you mentioned, but another obvious reason was sludge buildup. The opening was almost completely blocked off with sludge!
    Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome. It's a pretty safe bet that I'm going to enjoy my stay here. I'll take care of the pin removal, no problem. If you need our mailing address, just let me know. If you want to send the new kit along with it, I'll subtract the price you paid from a regular rebuild, and back it up with a warranty that is pretty hard to beat.

Mike

That may be what I'll end up doing, but not for a little while, until funds permit. Right now I'm just running an autozone pump that has the fuel side only. My truck is mostly just for nice weather cruising, so I'm not in a big hurry to get my wipers back!

Hi Mike welcome to the zone. I live nearby in Marshfield,I have used you guys for jeep forward control parts in the past. Do you have a 715? I'll stop in and say hello.

Great, stop by anytime you're in the area and if there's time, I'll give you the 25 cent tour of the place. No, I don't own a 715, I just do my part to keep everyone elses on the road where they belong.