Thread: Rear license plate light?

Default Rear license plate light?

So I just got my girl registered after working all winter. Ive come up with some hardware to mount the plate over the rear x member between one of the bumperettes and the pintle without drilling any holes. I am just realizing I need a rear light to illuminate it at night. Any suggestions on a small 24v light I could run to the rear?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

NAPA and the like sell a whole plethora of tag light styles, and once you pick one you like, just get a 24 volt bulb for it. I use a standard round "barrel" looking tag light and I painted it OD to match the rest of the truck.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I drove a CJ-7 for many years without the plate light and never got stopped for not having one.

We don't have vehicle inspections here that would prevent us from registering our vehicles. In fact the law is pretty lenient here I think. You don't even need lights here unless you are driving at night. (You can use hand signals during the day).

Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I have 24v one I would be willing to part with. PM me if you are interested.

I cant find 24v bulbs in my area anywhere. I guess Ill grab some 24v bulbs from ebay and see what kind of plug sockets I can get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I have 24v one I would be willing to part with. PM me if you are interested.
    Can u get me a pic and a price porkchop. My email is jvals52@gmail.com thanks

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by SVENG52 View Post
    I cant find 24v bulbs in my area anywhere. I guess Ill grab some 24v bulbs from ebay and see what kind of plug sockets I can get to work.
    Do you have a NAPA around? They usually don't carry them in stock, but you can order them and with NAPA they can have that sort of stuff the next day usually. I think somewhere around here there is a conversion chart for the 12V to 24V bulbs.

Here it is:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...rsionChart.pdf
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Licence plate illumination is mandentory here in Germany, many choises of lamps and fitting bulbs are available, 12 V and 24 V (24V is the standard voltage for trucks over here). So I see no problem with that.
    Just do it!
    Wolf