Thread: radiator gets recored

Default throttle linkage mods?

took my rad. into the shop tuesday and the guy looked at it and said the cores were to thin which I knew they were and some were leaking. I told him it would have to cool a strong 350 in the hottest days. he took it apart and got the measurements, ordered the core and came by today to say it was ready. $347.00. hopefully this weekend I can finally drive it.

well i went to pick it up and the idiot bent one of the cores so I left ed off. got a call today and he said ups done it and that he was waiting on them to say that they was paying for damage done. bull! he messed it up and tryed to pull one over on me hoping I would notice. He said that hed knock off 50.00. i got a three year free repair or replacement. parts and labor included. I felt like spicer did and was ready to jack him up.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

go shoot him Dave.

Chris

it was better to pay the reduced price after all I value my freedom to much and Im about ready to drive my 725 tomorrow for the first time so the excitement of driving it finally outweighs going to jail, cause of puttin knots on someones head for being stupid and lying.lol.

dont need a gun to do my talking, thats for cowards!

way to go dave ! i have a 725 my self , i'm using a 84 subrban for a organ donor . it's a 350/400 th swap . i hope my 350 motivates my rig like it did the burb . let us know how it goes .

I used an aluminum radiator for a big block 67 to 68 Camaro. It fit without modifications to the radiator and keeps my small block nice and chilly. You were close or above the cost of one. Glen
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

I took her done the road a couple miles drivin easy at first, then got her up to about 53 on speedo and 3000 on tach. with the 38.5 boggers and 1 1/4 ton suspension my ribs feel beat up. when i went to slow down we got in a fight cause it didnt want to and I wanted to turn around. its a good thing my legs arent broke or I would have went another mile or more to stop it. I turned around, got it in 4th, kicked in the 4 bbl and roared up to about 53 mph on speedo. got back to the house and when i hit the brakes again and slowed down it started shaking and vibrating, the wheel felt loose and it didnt want to turn good so i parked it and checked out what it could be that was going on and found the slip joint on the steering shaft had busted up and fell apart so now Im going to use dougs remedy and repair it. it ran about 190 with a 160 deg. thermostat and electric fan so im going to get another one to use as a pusher fan and keep it cooler. I really dont know what 1st gear would be used as about 10 mph was it unless you was runnin up a mountian side racing a turtle. LOL.
    it aught to be awsome off road with the low gears. I cant wait. I got my seats put in so its a pretty comfortable feeling ride.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715