Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High rise manifold on SBC M715?

Default High rise manifold on SBC M715?

I am building the engine for my M715 this week and I was wondering if a Super victor intake would stick up too might and hit the hood?

It all depends on the air cleaner you end up with. I know Dave had a Weiand single plane on his 725 with a Holley double pumper and open element filter. The Victor Jr isn't much taller than that.

I can't remember the guys name, but a guy that posted like once, showed up at the National FE in 2006 and hasn't posted since had a SBC with a single plane of some type on it. He cleared the hood ok.

Now, my big block with a Performer on it can't have more than a 3" air cleaner without hitting the hood.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Is the Super victor a single plane, sorta long runner type manifold.
    If it is the older manifold that I am thinking of the power band is kinda high and you may be giving up some low end torque.
    But then again, being different is cool.
    I want to run a 3 dualjet rochester/edelbrock set up on my little 350. Just to be different.

I did some research and maybe the Super Victor is a little too much. Sounds like a performer will uit my needs better

I agree that it is the wrong choice for the truck, but wanted to answer your question. A performer intake with shorty headers will do you a lot better than a single plane.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Can you send me a link for a set of headers that will fit the truck please?

That is not an easy link to give. What engine mounting system you use will determine what headers you can run. Basically, any block hugger type street rod header will work as long as you allow for it when building the motor mounts.

For the SBC in the m715 you don't really need headers as the stock manifolds flow well at the low rpm you typically drive at.

How about a set of repro. 62-63 corvette 2 1/2 outlet ramhorn manifolds.
    If you gasket match them they will flow real close to a set of shorties.
    They will look like this after you cut off the extra accessory mounts.

Speedway motors has them priced at $59.99 a piece.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/25-Inc...olds,9133.html
    Novak has a set of shorties that the recommend for use with their conversions.
    I think they are Sanderson headers. Which are known for good quality.
    Here is the novak link
    http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/headers.htm
    Which ever way you go. Post us some pictures and let us see your hard work.

Thank you so much! I'm going with the Corvette style. The price is right and it will fit in well with the theme of the truck. I have a chevy 400 that we pulled out of a motor home with only 27k original miles! The motor is strong but I have a set of Vortec heads at the machine shop right now which will compliment the Performer intake. I am painting the block Semi-gloss black with OD valve covers to make it look like a "Military issue" 400 SBC LOL