Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H1 o-rings

Default H1 o-rings

I'm looking for the part number that Grainger uses so I can get these locally. I know they're available on E-bay but I found a part number for a store I've never heard of with Google. Seems like Grainger would carry these if I know the part number. These are the 12bolt beadlocks. If anyone knows of another good place to find these, let me know. Thanks.

Maybe answered my own question. I thought I'd post in case anyone else needs the info. Looks like the only difference is temp range. 15$ and available locally as opposed to 20$ plus shipping.http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/o-r...z0hlzbZ1z0nxai

I got mine from McMaster Carr I can't remember the part number. I have an extra set in the glove box of my truck, but my truck is several miles away right now.

The McMaster Carr part number I found somewhere with Google led me to this Grainger number. If you get a chance, I'd like to know if you're using the same part number.
    Last edited by wrecker; December 5th, 2010 at 12:19 PM.

silly question: what are these O Rings for?

Quote Originally Posted by N2S3 View Post
    silly question: what are these O Rings for?
    Actually its not at all a silly question. I'm wondering the same thing.

They're for the Hummer wheels. The outer half bolts to the inner half of the wheels. The O-rings make the seal air tight. These o-rings are something that needs to be replaced with new tires, kind of like the valve stem. Not always neccessary, but a good idea. I have a set of wheels I bought from a memmber who modified them to fit our bolt pattern.

Ah, very nice. Thanks for info. I love that look and the idea of using them, I'm just not that fond of the wheel diameter. 16 1/2" really limits your tire selection, not to mention the expense tacked onto that.

mine are a 458 number o-ring McMaster part number-9452K452 these are 7.52 for a pack of two o-rings. shore 70 for the hardness and made of Buna N rubber.

Phoenix, thanks for posting that. I was off a little. The dash 458 measures about 1/2 inch larger in diameter and is correct based on careful wheel measurement and the old rings. The dash 457 might be for the earlier wheels. Do you lube yours or no. I've found lots of info that say yes and just as many say no. What works for you?