Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kilroy build thread

Default Kilroy build thread

Hey guys, thought id start a build for my 67. I always loved these jeeps but never thought id be able to own one. I spotted this one in the woods when I was helping my boss with some things on some property he stores a few machines. I knew exactly what it was when i saw the front end and after asking the owner about it, i picked her up for $400! It had been sitting for about 10 years and after about a month of off and on wrenching on the weekends I got it to fire up and drove it out of its grave.
    Plans originally were to fix it up and run it on the road as a cool old truck, but the more i get into it i have decided to sell my dd/trail rig yj and get a tow rig and trailer to haul the 715 around and build it as my new trail rig.
    Plans 2.0 now include:
    60/14b, np205, h1 rims, tires( undecided on size), propane,full hydro, stock engine/trans.

The engine was rebuilt by the town apparently right before they decided to dump it, so iv decided to run it until I blow it up or maby it will run forever, who knows. I have a very tempting offer of a 440 to swap in, but we will save that for later For a trail rig, propane is a no brainier.

How i picked her up

sweet plow frame, i scraped it for a quarter of the buying price

Thanks for making it easy to take off......right!

Fingers crossed this thing will last a while.

Why wont this thing stop?

As of tonight I have new e350 cyl. installed on both axles and all the brakes plumbed up with new lines and a Vette MC. I went through the drums to make sure everything was kosher and figured if nothing else, the buyers of my axles wont have to mess with them when i get rid of em.

I hope to have more coming soon, but you all know how slow things typically go!

Mike
    Last edited by kb1jkn; October 6th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Looks like yu have some work to do but I like the plan so far...WELCOME to the madness!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Ah another CT m715 owner, welcome!

RM
    If it ain't broke, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Ah another CT m715 owner, welcome!

RM
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Thanks guys, Il get more pics up soon but as of right now its kinda just ripping out all the crap that has been hacked into the poor thing over the years. Where do you guys get valve cover seals?

AB Linn should still have some in stock.

RM
    If it ain't broke, it will be.

Been a while since I posted on my truck and wanted to throw in some updates:

Installed some 38 tsl's and decided to paint the truck flat tan with flat black accents

Picked up a 4bt

Updating the headlights

Sweet coolant can tiged by my friend, accepting orders now!

Il keep everyone posted. As you can see my plans changed a little.......
    Mike
    67 M715, 67 M416, 91 YJ

Truck looks good. I pictured worse for $400. Your off to a good start. Keep the pictures coming.

Will do, Il have to redo my old pics on here I forget where I had hosted them from but il upload them to here soon. It's a long project but I hope to have it on the road with its current drivetrain over the summer.
    67 M715, 67 M416, 91 YJ

Very cool! Where in CT are you?