Thread: m38/m38a1 mirror arm

Default m38/m38a1 mirror arm

anybody know for sure if the mirror arm angle bracket for an m38/m38a1 is the same as the one for a m715? i need the angle brackets that go between the mirror arm and the "L" shaped mounts on the doors.....al

The M38a1 mirror arm and brackets are almost the same as the m715. I think the only significant difference is the length.

Default Mirror Arms

OK,

One of the first steps in getting my M715 on the road is side mirrors. Silly nube, I ordered CJ mirrors, screwed them on, and was then surprised that I could not see the sides of my truck.

The mirrors are OK. The attachment point to the door is OK. But the arms are obviously wrong. Is there a simple source, or substitution to get my mirrors to show me what's behind me, instead of what's above me?

Thanks

Yes, the mounting brackets and arms are the same, the mirror head is different. A great source for the brackets and arms is John at Midwest Military, http://www.midwestmilitary.net/m38a1p12.html They are listed towards the bottom of this page.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yes, the mounting brackets and arms are the same, the mirror head is different. A great source for the brackets and arms is John at Midwest Military, http://www.midwestmilitary.net/m38a1p12.html They are listed towards the bottom of this page.
    My truck has Midwest repop m38A1 arms, they fit perfect, the mirror head came from NAPA, the NAPA mirror has a 5/16" stud verses the stock 1/4", I drilled out the arm, works perfect.

Lee

My truck came with rusty but sound original arms and two nasty mirrors. I bought what appeared to be nice replacement arms from AB Linn and two new mirrors. The arms in my opinion were rather weak and flimsy compared to the original ones. And, they didn't look nearly as good. The mirrors were fine. So, I wire brushed the originals and painted them.

I can't recommend the knock-off ones.