This is basically a split of a post he made in the BS board that was more tech than we like to see there. I am posting it here with the hopes that one of you moderators will move it to whichever section it goes in.

This is what he said:

so my pump puked about 2 gallons of gas into the oil pan. i looked for the civvy pump listed in the parts list. i tried all of the parts stores and nothing. they all said it would take a week or two and it was like $30.00
being a mopar guy i remembered that the SB mopars have a pump with a long arm that rubs on the cam. we compaired them in the store and they both have the same bolt pattern and the shape of the arm was similar. so i bought it (YES $10.00).

i cut the arm and straightened it a little with a hammer. i had to cut a notch out of it and bend the end over so it would be flat on the end like the original.

then i welded and smoothed the end with a grinder.

i have it temporarily connected with a short piece of hose between the original hard lines and the pump. it runs better now than it ever has since i bought it. it was the first time i was able to get it over 50mph!
k

-B.