Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need quick drivetrain advise!

Default need quick drivetrain advise!

Im in vacation land up here in Maine for two weeks w my Kaiser. I've been scouring craigslist for a gm 14bolt and a 60 which I have found plenty of, even found a g30 14bolt. At this point I'll prob do a tbi 350 or a vortec and a pre 95 nv4500 or an np465. So, Im gunna run a 2wd tranny to a divorced xfer. There a bunch of options but what concerns me the most is locating a divorced xfer because I will retain the braden... My question is what xfers to look for???! I've got till the 18th to grab some loot off CL....

Np205. I'm sure there will be a lot of opinions agreeing and disagreeing but in my opinion, especially behind a 350 you can't beat it
    B Co 1/504 PIR 82nd ABN

Are you planning on mounting the winch pto to the trans or tcase. You can mount the pto to the SM465 or NV4500 and run the winch. Stock truck pto is mounted to the tranny. Otherwise, you can mount the pto to a np205 transfer case. A divorced np205 will probably be the easiest divorced tcase to locate.

Divorced NP205. Unless your transmission already has a 203, then I would look at doing a doubler with the 203/205 set up. That would be my dream setup.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Alright, I called my "supplier" (really a guy who has a S!#$ ton of chevy parts) and I pieced together a drivetrain. I'v got till the 20th or so to go down and pick it up. TBI 350-w- 70k (dont need a ton of HP and FI + reliable)connected to a sm465 and np205, Dually Dana 60( he dosnt have any single wheels) front W 4.56's and currently open but will prob get a full detroit, A 14bolt (and heres where it gets kinda tricky), he has ether a 4.56'ed and detroit locked 14 bolt with no breaks so ready for disks "OR" I could get a 85 g30 dana 70 w 4.10's and no detroit. Can anyone reccomend a chevy radiator, calipers/disks (for the rear), and PS box? I can grab all this stuff when I go pick up the other stuff. He dosent have any NV4500s, just sold the last one, I was thinking about that. He's got some vortec 350's and a few 6.0's... Whadya think? I plan on running 12 bolt hummer bead locks...
    Last edited by coreyallan; August 11th, 2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: more info

Oh, just found a cj10 14Bolt for a good deal... 75.7wms to wms and drw60 77"wms to wms should work w h1 rims I think...?

Quote Originally Posted by coreyallan View Post
    Oh, just found a cj10 14Bolt for a good deal... 75.7wms to wms and drw60 77"wms to wms should work w h1 rims I think...?
    That's the same setup I have sitting in my garage right now waiting to be installed (someday). But the cj10a axle I have is a Dana 70. I also have h1 rims to go on the axles. It's been awhile since I looked, but it seemed like it would all work. Good luck on your axle hunt and keep us posted!

That's the same setup I have sitting in my garage right now waiting to be installed (someday). But the cj10a axle I have is a Dana 70. I also have h1 rims to go on the axles. It's been awhile since I looked, but it seemed like it would all work. Good luck on your axle hunt and keep us posted!
    Woops, your right, it's a 70, my mistake.... My brain is swimming, I'm only in town for two weeks and I'm trying to make a bunch of S!@$ happen...
    Are you going to try and run the braden? I really want to retain the pto winch.. Any who has done this please chime in...

On the p/s box get one from a 2wd GM truck if you can, it will have the correct throw on the sector shaft (turns the pitman arm) so you can run cross over steering instead of the old push and pull.

Also the Dually axles are perfect for running stock H1 wheels, no need to have them recentered. If you already didn't know that.
    M715 Dreamer.

Chevy truck boxes are mounting inside the frame while M715 boxes mount to the outside of the frame. FSJ or GM car is your best source.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw