My M715 had an electric pump installed when I got it three years ago. The fire department did a very good job of messing up everything they touched. A clothes pin held the rubber inlet hose to the stock fuel pump metal inlet line. They just bolted the inline pump to the old fuel pump/vacuum pump housing. I installed an Auto Meter fuel psi gauge in the dash, with the sender between the fuel pump and the carb. I have never had more than 6 psi at anytime at the gauge. For the last week or so, when I drive the truck home, it will loose pressure at a specific part of the five mile drive. Right after I pick my son up from school. It has completely stalled on me several times and other times it will go back up to around 3psi. Enough to get home. I have changed the filters, blown the lines out, tried removing the tank and cleaning it the best I could. Yesterday, it did it again. I had left the setup alone because I will replace it all when I put the mighty 396 Big Block in. But it made me made yesterday.

I got home and removed all of the fire departments mess. I then installed a Carter electric centrifigul pump that I had used on my '53 Studebacker street rod truck. I mounted the pump to the back of the underbed locker, inside the frame rail as high as I could get it with an angle drill. I now am getting 9-12 psi at any speed and my filters look very clean. I know, I have only driven 10 miles, but normally by this time the filters get a brownish appearance.

I pressure tested the inline pump and it seems to be putting out a constant 5-8 psi. The only thing I can think of is fuel vaporization or vapor lock. The pump was mounted pretty close to the exhaust manifold and was having to pull the fuel.

I just wanted to share this because that seems like a great place to put a pump. It is out of the way, protected from brush and such by the frame/bed/fuel tank and easily accessible for maintenance.