Thread: It's *almost* road ready :D

Default It's *almost* road ready :D

Well, as of last night, the gas tank is back in after being boiled out and cleaned up. New fuel level sender installed. New oil guage and sender installed. My M715 is running like a champ .

It's almost ready because I still have to weld up some brackets for the license plates front and rear before I can take it out on the road.

After those are done it'll be out on the road and it will slowly be modified for some additional gas mileage/performance/utility. What'll be coming over the next few months is:

Rebuilt distributor with electronic points
    4.52 gearing in the front and rear diffs
    Rebuilt wheel bearings/axles
    Selectros
    Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor
    Rebuild the winch (works right now...but it could work better)
    Power steering install
    NP205 (or rebuild of the NP200 with modern seals and helical gears)
    Install rear view mirror

That's pretty much it. It will get new CARC paint and a new hardtop eventually as well. As it stands however, everything is working happy and it's ready to be my work truck

--Wintermute

Congrats! Got pictures??

I'm actually trying to find a digital camcorder to take some video of it Pictures of it running aren't all that much more interesting than pictures of it not running .

--Wintermute

bought a little DV camcorder today...I'll try to take some videos of the truck running this week and get them posted up

--Wintermute

Here's the brief video of it running and driving a short bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSll0i8npbQ

--Wintermute

That is great! Sorry, couldn't remember your truck specifically. The video helps Congrats!!

Looking and sounding good!