Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: found lost in the woods

That looks great.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Looking good.
    M715 Dreamer.

Default almost road worthy

Jester Guest

Looks great. So jealous of the 4BT. Would love to see it in person.

Any body lift required? Looks like it fits in the engine bay perfectly. Give some more details of your mounts please. Did you keep any drawings or measurements? Sure there are others that would love to copy your hard work.
    Last edited by Jester; November 24th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

I'll bet Jester had to clean the siliva from his key board when he saw this. Very nice looking truck. I'd love to see it in person as well. Keep up the great work and keep posting pictures.

Jester Guest

Question

You are selling?

What happened?

I am the one who bought his rig so I guess I will be continuing his build thread. He is a Navy diver, really nice guy, with a wife and baby and is getting transferred to the east coast this next spring. The rearend went out, he was suffering from a little burn out, and he needs a driving truck. He did a pretty good job on the engine swap and paint, actually I would have to call the engine swap professional grade. Very nice. I left Friday Dec 10 at 2100 hours to go pick it up. Got up to Poulsbo WA about 0900 hours the next morning. Loaded it up, tied it down and left about 1200 headed south. It rained so hard on my trip back until I was south of Portland. Crossing the Columbia it was hard to see where the sky ended and the river begin. I didn't get back home until 0130 hours Dec 12. I was a little tired to say the least. I clocked how far it is from my house to the Napavine WA exit for the next FE, its almost 500 miles.

I have a project 715 that has been languishing for a couple of years now and I figure on taking all my good parts I have collected and putting them on this new one and having a driving 715 sometime this century. I am a mechanic so lots of times after work or weekends I just don't feel like working on my project vehicles. I just went out on my own a few months ago and have found I am starting to feel better about wrenching, lots less stress. I usually schedule Friday afternoons as M-715 time and have been making some progress.

Here is a list of my goodies. I have 4.56 gears with a rear detroit, four wheel disc brake conversion kits from helitool, p/s from a GW, MRAP seats, Michelin 1100x16 XZL's on stock powdercoated rims, hydroboost brake system, either a hydraulic or electric front winch, and some other things in storage I have probably forgotten about. I plan on starting on the rearend over Christmas so will be updating this thread from time to time.

Jester Guest

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Would have loved to pick up the 4BT but no cash for toys right now.

Drained the rearend last night. Found pinion bearing chunks in it along with a little water and lots of metal flake. Will be pulling my project rearend out and slipping it under this rig this next weekend.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    Drained the rearend last night. Found pinion bearing chunks in it along with a little water and lots of metal flake.
    Sounds o so familiar. Except mine was the actual pinion coming apart.

Rear axle shot