Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: found lost in the woods

Fantastic!!
    Thanks for all the help!

Default more progress

did a fit test of the engine trans together and found that because of the long tail shaft on the 2wd nv4500 I had to cut some of the cross member out and fill with plate it gives the intermediate shaft less of an angle. also moved the transfercase back 12 inches. I found that the yokes on my 205 were all dodge u joint size and I wanted to stay spice 1310 to match the axles. and also have the same joints in the whole vehicle instead of having conversion joints and I was told it is the most common joint to get of the shelf if it is ever needed so I ordered one for now from Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts.

Looking good. Looks like you will be able to afford to drive it too.

Looks good. Have you checked front drive shaft clearance on the crossmember holding the tranny since you moved the tcase back.

clearance look like it will be close so If I have to make an all new cross member with I will. with all this cutting on it it is going to be weaker i plan to build a strong bracket pver the tail of the trans to help support what I cut out.
    also hopping to run veg to save money

Be sure to post up some pics on how your final mounts are done for the tranny and t-case, looking really good so far!
    M715 Dreamer.

Yes, please! Ultimately a 4bt/NV4500/NP205 is the combination that I would like to end up with.

Jester Guest

Looks good.

Super jealous. Would love to do a 4BT swap.

engine is in mounts finished. also got the small drive shaft between the trans and transfer case done and installed. cab is on working foot controls using originals. with new clutch master cylinder.

Keep up the good work.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB