Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: found lost in the woods

Yes, ditto...

Oh cool! Sorry for the lecture, then. Party on!

Zach

Default more progress

got the rest of the body off and began sand blasting but had to get in primed right away. we all know how bad these rust when theres bare metal.
    I used self etching primer on the frame it bonded very well. almost couldnt scrach it off with a rock.

Default time for paint

paint arrived and heres my paint booth

whats 383 green CARC green?

Default paint

the carc green was originally used by the military on there vehicles I think from 86' on it holds up well and can be clean of chemical and bio attacks alot better than normal paint, but the paint is very dangerous to apply extremely hazardous and 383 was what is was called also? or the number to it.
    and what I have is a carc substitute, same color its still very durable got it from army jeepparts.com

Default body

time to sand blast the body I had to get all the pieces over to my neighbors yard deep in the back to keep the hazardous dust from getting to my house and newborn baby. so getting them there was interesting. having the bed hauled on my little homemade trailer it was so heavy that I almost didnt make it up a very gradual incline that was like 50yard long had to back up and get a runner a few times 6th gear full speed was the only way back there.

the body parts are now all primed the red oxide III from the army jeep part.com its the primer they recomended for there paint.
    between body and frame sand blasting I used 2300lbs of sand and rented the large sand blaster twice. the hose slipped out of my hands it hit my leg almost blew through my paints in a fraction of a sec and it hurt.
    Last edited by gresh4bt; September 7th, 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Default more goodies

more good stuff had come in the mail seats and the 4bt cummins.
    I also have been reading up on the forums here about the stock np200 noise and heat issues @ speed so I have been searching high and low for a divorced np205 with the drives drop and finally found one that came with a rear dana 60 for only
    $100. so that 205 will be going in soon.

Wow! Great progress, I really like how the frame turned out. Looks like you are going to have a very nice truck when done.
    M715 Dreamer.