Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: found lost in the woods

Default found lost in the woods

I found and rescues this little gem out of the woods in north west wa. no rust holes barly any rust at all. will be redoing it and making a daily driver out of it. his name is sarg.
    will be adding pics of progress.

Last edited by gresh4bt; July 20th, 2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: ?

Default front clip off

bed comes off tomorrow and sand blasting this weekend

Looks like a great & straight find there! I have a spare dash if you need one. Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

get it titled before you put too much work in to it.

If you found it, the state will have to do a title search before they will let you register it. That title search may (will) involve contacting the last known owner (if he can be located) to make sure that the vehicle was actually abandoned. If that owner says that the truck was not abandoned, and has the title, you are going to be out a truck. it would be better to get the legal stuff out of the way before you put much effort into restoring it. it would suck for the owner to realize he could get a fully working truck for nothing by simply saying he had never abandened it.

Not to mention the possibility of you being then tagged for theft, and other legal fees. Confrim legal ownership of the vehicle before you put ANY more time or effort into it.

No lie, some folks I know on another board resqued and started restoring a car that had been abandened in a field. it was so full of rust it was barely a car any more. The owner of the field where the car was left was contacted, and he gave them his blessing to remove the car. A little over a year later, 3 of the guys were in court, and one of them went to jail for theft. Owner found out that "his" car was being restored, and made a power play to get something for nothing. What it came down to was that he had the title, so he won the court case.

C.Y.A. Get the title now.
    Zach

Dang I've been hunting in the wrong woods
    All I ever found was 5 kinds of poison snakes, alligators,wild hogs,a few deer,and a lot of mosquitos.
    But seriously It looks like it is in good shape.
    I read an article in a streetrod magazine that said that a lot of people that got titles from the companies that advertise (get your vehicle titled) were issued worthless titles and several states are cracking down.
    Proceed with caution.
    I wouldn't talk about it much in the area you recovered it.
    The truck as it sits is worth enough money to bring out the greed in some folks.
    good luck and congratulations

Great advice Zach. Paperwork has jinxed several of my projects in years past.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

thanks for the advice but this find was on someones property a was purchased by me he even had a title in the house.
    so didnt mean to mislead folks and act like I was out for a hike and just stumbled upon it.

The hike would have been a better story. It'll be the one that I choose to remember. It looks great by the way. Can't wait to see the project move forward.

Talking

That's great, glad to hear that you got it all titled and all.
    It would make a great story though. You know fighting off a bear or a swarm a yellow jackets or somthing like that.
    Honestly I did have a friend that found a bunch of old cars dumped in the woods. One of the cars had the old FirePower hemi motor in it .Heck it was 20 years ago and if I remember right he got pretty good money for it. Man that would be a good motor for a 715.
    As you work on your truck share some pictures with us and work on that story!!

Jester Guest

Congrats. Good to see another PNW M715.