Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 in back space on 12 in rims with 39.5 x 16.5 x 16 tires

Default 5 in back space on 12 in rims with 39.5 x 16.5 x 16 tires

awhile back i ask the question of what was the max back space i could use on my stock axles with 39.5 x 16.5 x 16 pit bull rocker tires and a 12 in wide 16 in dia marsh rims . i got lots of lookers but not one person would touch this question so i am happy to let everyone know that 39.5 x 16.5 x 16 pit bull rockers on marhall 12in wide by 16 dia works just fine . i have about 1 in clearance from the tie rod end to the tire and this is without a spingover lift . i am able to drive it just fine on the black top with no problems but off road making hard turns it does rub the inner fender just alittle so if i move the axle forward about 1 in to 1 1/2 or do a springover there wil be no issues with rubbing . im going to put up some pics but if there are up soon they will be up sometime soon i hope . i all so want to let you know how much i lke these tires they are great for me . im not a hard core die hard 4 wheeler but im no take it easy 4 wheeler either . i like getting in the mud and haveing fun and going up hill as well but i know when to give it hell and when not to as well . so back to the tires they do great for me in the mud and on the blacktop as well they are not very loud on the hard road but they do humm alittle but my stock tranny and t case are louder . they are smooth on the road and i never even had them balanced just mounted and put them on the truck they shake just alittle at 30 mph but at 35 it goes away . but i do plan on balancing they soon . great tire for the money and great on and off road too .

Can't wait to see the pics.

I have 39-15-16.5 Mickey Thompsons on 16.5 X 12 inch Mickey Thompson Classic rims with 5 inches back spacing. I am just now putting my M1028 axles under the truck and the tires look as if they will clear fine. I am also moving my front axle forward about 1 inch. I was a bit worries about clearance between the tire and the rear springs which are stock width. I have about 3/4 to 1 inch clearance in the rear.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

rottiedogs Guest

Default me too

THat is about the same setup that I have. ROckers too

Default Pics i hope

TRY THE LINK BELOW FOR PICS , I HOPE IT WORKS

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/randall555/

Quote Originally Posted by randall555 View Post
    TRY THE LINK BELOW FOR PICS , I HOPE IT WORKS TRY THESE LINKS BELOW

The truck looks great and I like the looks of the tires. Any rubbing at the rear of the front fender when fully turned? Also, what paint did you use on your truck? I like the higher gloss finish.

don't want to hijack the thread, but where are the seats taken from?

btw: nice rims and cool tires!

Thems one heck of a set of tires on there...wow!!

A springover would make them look natural there.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Yes they do rub alittle on full turn but if i move the axle forward 1 in to 1 1/2 in or a spring over they would not rub. It is sherman williams but i will have to get back to you with the code number

Quote Originally Posted by troop isp View Post
    the truck looks great and i like the looks of the
    tires. Any rubbing at the rear of the front fender when fully turned? Also, what paint did you use on your truck? I like the higher gloss finish.