Thread: Hummer wheels

Default Hummer wheels

I have a set of the first series H1 wheels that have the eight beadlock bolts. I have found some brand new Goodyear radials for the Hummers. Does it matter that I have the rims that were originally equipped with the bias tires? I know the newer wheels have the 12 bolt bead locks and the rubber runflat/beadlock insert as opposed to the metal insert. Bottom line is, can I run the radials on the eight bolt wheels with the metal insert?

Pretty sure they interchange just fine.

oh, do NOT plan on fully airing the tires up though. The older rims will not take the higher air pressures that the newer 12 bolt rims can.

Make sure you have the rubber o ring gasket between the rim halfs otherwise you may find a bad air leak.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    oh, do NOT plan on fully airing the tires up though. The older rims will not take the higher air pressures that the newer 12 bolt rims can.
    shoot, now I know the difference. I went out and bought a set of 4 with the bias tires on them and didnt know the difference in the 8 and 12 bolt rims and got the 8 bolt ones.
    the radials will work fine on them according to the guy I bought them off of. im planning on eventually buying 2 sets, one with the bias tires and the other set putting boggers on them for mud and offroad. you cant beat boggers in the mud and they are good for about everything but driving on the highway.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Thanks everyone for for clearing that up.