Thread: Fuel Pump rebuild Hints

Default bed styles?

I'm getting ready to rebuild a fuel pump using a kit from VPW. Any hints or gotchas I should know about?

I have heard that the rebuild kits have early rubber diaphrams. Todays gas makes them fail quickly. Someone on the old forum posted a rubber material from McMaster Carr that was expensive but was compatible with todays gas. You might save this info and do a search. More than one person has experienced this. I have no clue why my truck keeps going. Of course now I have jinxed myself and will be cursing 30 miles from home... Make a tracing of the diaphram. You might need it...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

There also is the possibility, as yet uncomfirmed, that you can gut out the parts from an AutoZone available replacement pump for the 230...fuel pump only, doesnt have the vacuum part, and use it in the stock pump to rebuild it...or bolt it on as bought from AutoZone if you dont need the wiper vacuum from it.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default 24 volt coil

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserjeeps
    I have heard that the rebuild kits have early rubber diaphrams. Todays gas makes them fail quickly. Someone on the old forum posted a rubber material from McMaster Carr that was expensive but was compatible with todays gas. You might save this info and do a search. More than one person has experienced this. I have no clue why my truck keeps going. Of course now I have jinxed myself and will be cursing 30 miles from home... Make a tracing of the diaphram. You might need it...
    You have to drill out and tap the main shaft to get it back to gether but I havn't had any trouble as of yet. I think the part # for McMaster Carr is 86075k32 sheet viton. If I rember you can build 9 from one sheet.