Thread: Body Swap

Default Body Swap

I have purchased a second M715 that I plan on restoring back to military specs and civilianizing my original one. I have a 77 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350ci and turbo 400 mated to a NP203. Would I be better off setting the 715 body onto the Chevy frame or swapping the Chevy parts over to the Jeep frame?

I havent measured the wheel bases yet, but if I needed to shorten or lengthen the chevy frame that wouldnt be a problem if its easier to go that route.

My vote is to put the drivetrain into the Jeep frame. Doing a (well done) body swap isn't really much easier and in my opinion, you ize the truck more than it needs to be. But who am I to talk about izing jeeps?

Im using an 84 3/4 ton and putting the 715 cab on it. my wheel base looks real close and it looks like everything can be modified to make a good daily driver and capable offroad truck and still get good highway speed as I have one truck that been modified and converted badly to 12 volts and extended frame.
    my 725 has a 350 in it with stock drivetrain that can easily make all stock again. Just really what you intend to do with it.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

I agree with Mikel, swapping the drivetrain over to the 715 frame is a better choice. My 715 has an all new drive train and I have helped with body swaps before (not 715) and in my opinion the drive train was easier and came out better.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Thanks for the info, I'll get both trucks stripped to the frames and go from there.