Hello,

I suppose I should de-lurk first: I'm Michael, live in NH and MA, I'm 22 and bought an M725 as a project last December. I'm a novice so you'll have to bear with me.

It ran and started fine at first, and started right up in Feb when I pulled it out of a month of storage. Since that time, I've fired it up about once a week and it has been harder to start every single time. Now it just doesn't start at all. The engine cranks and cranks and just doesn't want to catch. Spraying starter fluid into the carb doesn't make much of a difference. Fuel filter is full of gas and fuel pump is squirting out fuel. Spark plug arcs when removed, and spark plugs were relatively clean when I pulled them. Didn't really see any gas on them after trying to turn the engine over, though. Managed to bump start right away (that was an adventure!) and I rode all over town without a problem, except for some backfiring when accelerating in 2nd. That never happened before. Idled fine though, but didn't want to start up again after I let the engine cool.

Everything stock. 24V. Fuel filter, carb and starter have all been rebuilt. Distributor is fairly new. Spark plugs and cables are new.

Any thoughts? Anyone from NH or MA?

Unrelated: what shocks do y'all recommend?

Thanks for hearing me out.