Thread: Angry Truck is on the move - but not under its own power...

Default Angry Truck is on the move - but not under its own power...

Maybe this is more "BS" than "open discussion"?
    A second kid is on the way for me so there are some changes going on. A second kid means a move from the quasi-country setting into the 'burbs in a few weeks. The 'burbs might not appreciate a clapped-out, half-assembled military truck like I do, so I needed to find a place to work on it. Fortunately my folks have some space up in Michigan, so the today was spent packing up Angry Truck and all his junk for the long trip.
    The first part was moving the truck sideways in the garage to get the spare engine out from beside it and putting it on a trailer (along with my 400F) and putting it in storage.

Next came unloading all the junk/parts/whoknowswhat out of the truck so that we could push it around (right now it doesn't move or stop on its own - just 5500lbs of dumb, dead weight). Man, I collected some junk over the years..
    Here's my dad taking out some frustration for being suckered into this idea.

We finally persuaded it onto the trailer and got it ready for the ride to Michigan. Here it is in all its "beauty", basking the first daylight is has seen in about 7 years (then it decided to rain buckets):

The second kid is coming at the end of August, so my goal is to have the truck blasted, painted and the big pieces bolted back together before then. All of this needs to happen over the course of several weeks of vacation that I am going to need to take and somehow move to that house in the burbs. Gonna need some luck and hope that the MV gods are smiling on this little adventure.
    -Brian (and Angry).

Get some other MV'ers to come over and help. There are lots of guys in the columbus area. Probably work cheap (for beer and pizza).

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

My plan: ride the CB400F all Summer, and put the 715 in the corner and work on it here and there until its finished in a year or so.

No need to turn it into a marathon.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™